Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#77237 by organic spiral
Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:08 pm
Completely sad that this song is so underrated. I was just listening to it and decided it to be a good idea to start a thread. To me this is one of Dev's best epics. The feeling this song has especially towards the end is almost teary. I love the part where he goes "I'm Sorry" Over and over in a big climatic way. It's just really powerful and moving

Anyone else feel this way about this song?

#77239 by static
Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:08 pm
i find the first half kinda boring. it's a very Dev-like piece at that point, seen in other songs too (Spirituality, Thalamus) - heavy, repeated riffs going in simple cycles with very epic lyrics over top.

i enjoy the song, but see it as a bit too long, even for Dev standards. something like Earth Day, which is only a couple minutes shorter and also contains lots of repetition and heaviness, is a hell of a lot less boring than Planet Rain.

however, i really couldn't imagine PR without its 11-minute running time, so i guess it was a moot point to bring up...

#77243 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:10 pm
i think its a neat song, the whole album is kickass... probably not a "best epic" but it is pretty good

#77248 by EphelDuath666
Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:43 pm
I love that song. I agree that it's underrated. Although I didn´t really read many bad comments about it so far. I love the huge solo in that song.

#77309 by psychotic
Sun May 01, 2005 10:35 pm
I can't get enough of that song. It creates an awesome atmosphere that is beyond words.

#77319 by Amaran
Mon May 02, 2005 5:08 am
dito.

#79587 by asparagusDuck
Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:22 am
I love the ending of the song with him screaming "IM SORRY!!!" over and over. Then it always puts me to sleep with the sound of rain towards the end. Great ending. Hmm, now im tempted to go put it on.

#80051 by rgx612a
Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:58 pm
It's probably my favourite song from the album.

#81649 by King Fear
Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:09 am
Since yesterday evening, I'm totally in love with this song.

#82536 by IronMaiden736
Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:21 pm
Planet Rain is my favorite song on Physicist

#82604 by Lumiere
Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am
IronMaiden736 wrote:Planet Rain is my favorite song on Physicist

Ditto! While not as stunning as Earth Day or The Death Of Music, it's a superb epic!

#82624 by Chris
Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:25 pm
I especially like the idea of ending the album with it. After all this speed, this epic can give you time to breathe, but it's also so moving.

Maybe I'm the first one in this thread (not the first one on this board by far) to say that I'd love to hear it live. Guess it would suit the DTB line-up pretty well.
#83742 by Eyesore
Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:09 pm
organic spiral wrote:Completely sad that this song is so underrated. I was just listening to it and decided it to be a good idea to start a thread. To me this is one of Dev's best epics. The feeling this song has especially towards the end is almost teary. I love the part where he goes "I'm Sorry" Over and over in a big climatic way. It's just really powerful and moving

Anyone else feel this way about this song?

HA! I've been saying it for years, "Planet Rain" is the best fucking song on this CD!! When I first heard the song and the chorus kicked in I thought I was about to get struck by lightning because the hair on my head stood up and I got goosebumps!! When Devin screams "Cuz it's the end of the world!" HOLY FUCK!!! To this day, I get goosebumps!! It's simply amazing!!! For me, this is Devin's best epic tune. It's fucking brilliant! Plain and simple!!

#83772 by flood_of_rain
Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:15 pm
I love planet rain :)
it is such a perfect way to finish the album, its quite emotional if you open yourself up to it.