Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#301753 by JayJay78
Thu May 17, 2012 10:00 am
Hey everybody out there. First heard Dev on Vai's Sex & Religion record.. Re introduced through Accelerated Evolution now love all aspects of this fine musician and avidely follow all he does. (Not in a stalker sence!) He has even thanked me twice after the London Ghost Gig! Now counting down the days to the By A Thread London Premeire.

Take it easy ! Enjoy Dev and his various musical experimentations!
#302696 by OlafBso
Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 pm
Hi,
I am Olaf, a major Strapping Young Lad fan who fell in love with the music in 2005.
In a years time I collected all cd's from Strapping Young Lad, Punky Brewster, DTB, DTB.
Big fan and I hope that Devin will play together with Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfield one time for a masterpiece of technical metal.

But hey..I was a proud forum member of the SyL forum, but that one vanished after SyL was put to sleep.
Hope to be here many times.
#302700 by Keeker
Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:08 pm
Welcome Olaf, enjoy your stay here. :)
#303744 by Octillus
Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am
OlafBso wrote:Thank you!
Though it is more "2012" to post on Facebook or Twitter.
Forums are slowly dying...I think.

This may be true, but until the main site gets a real overhaul, this is the only place to go for static info.
#305376 by dragonauta
Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:14 pm
Hello!! I'm a new Devin fan.

I saw him aprox. 10 years ago when he opened up for Meshuggah in San Diego. I was instantly aware of how good SYL was, but honestly it was like a constant machine gun blast to the face, so not being a big speed metal fan, I lost interest.

Flash forward to 2012, while watching some Dirk Verbeuren videos on youtube I ended up on Devin's Gato performance from By A Thread, and I was blown away. I continued watching the rest of the by a thread videos available, and this guy's simply amazing.... I can't believe I ignored him all these years. His music is on a genius level (I don't say that lightly) and now I want to get everything available by him.

So here I am, new to these forums. Say Hi everyone!
Last edited by dragonauta on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#305378 by Keeker
Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:37 pm
dragonauta wrote:Hello!! I'm a new Devin fan.

I saw him aprox. 10 years ago when he opened up for Meshuggah in San Diego. I was instantly aware of how good SYL was, but honestly it was like a constant machine gun blast to the face, so not being a big speed metal fan, I lost interest.

Flash forward to 2012, while watching some Dirk Verbeuren videos on youtube I ended up on Devin's Gato performance from By A Thread, and I was blown away. I continued watching the rest of the by a thread videos available, and this guy's simply amazing.... I can't believed I ignored him all these years. His music is on a genius level (I don't say that lightly) and now I want to get everything available by him.

So here I am, new to these forums. Say Hi everyone!

Hi Everyone! .. and welcome Dragonauta.
#305573 by Chloris
Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 am
Hello, I've been a Dev fan consistently for seven years... It's great to have found a more reliable place than Google to get information on gigs, releases and so forth!
#305953 by Devoz
Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 pm
hello.

My name is Martin and i come from sweden :) i have listend to devin since 2008/2009 and it was SYl that got my attention frist. but then everything devin touched and did was under my radar. have seen him live once here in sweden last year at Metaltown festival in Gothenburg :) my fav devin album is maybe Addicted or Ki. my fav SYL record is City or Alien. tho its really hard to tell witch my fav is cus i listen to him all the time . sometimes the one record is better then the next etc. its like a time cycle :P atm my fav song is addicted :)

im a university student thats hopefully someday gonna be a teacher in Sports/History/Geography/Religion and social studies.

i feel like a lcuky animal today being the newest member :D

/Devoz
#305954 by Tyroshai
Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm
Nice to 'meet' you! Welcome. :D
#306006 by Lemurfist
Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 am
Hi. Don't think I ever bothered introducing myself. I'm Greg. Been kicking around teh fandom since aboot 1995. Bit less active these days as I can't sustain the old pace of three shows in three states on three consecutive nights anymore. Last time I tried, a 3.5 hour drive home took 7 due to rest stop naps.
#306748 by Jama7301
Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:33 pm
Hello from Minnesota.

Can't say I've been a fan for too long. A friend got me to listen to Addicted! last year, and it's my most played album since.

Don't have much else to say at the time though, save for "howdy"
#306750 by Octillus
Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 pm
Jama7301 wrote:Hello from Minnesota.

Can't say I've been a fan for too long. A friend got me to listen to Addicted! last year, and it's my most played album since.

Don't have much else to say at the time though, save for "howdy"

Hey there! Welcome, and might I suggest Accelerated Evolution, Ocean Machine, or waiting for the new Epicloud next?

Those are probably the closest to Addicted! of his back-catalog. Make yourself at home.