Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#48939 by slutman
Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:18 am
I'm new. I didn't bother reading the whole thread because I'm lazy and at school.

Board rules seem pretty basic. Like just about every other board ever.

So yeah my name is John, my favourite album of all time is "City" (which just came in the mail a few weeks ago yay). I plan on buying more DTB and SYL albums through the HevyDevy site (so my minimum wage cash goes to the band, not HMV). I really look forward to the next SYL tour and they damn well better come through my area so I can touch Devin and then my life will be complete.

Non Devy music I like: mostly that pretentious black metal stuff like Darkthrone, Burzum, Vintersorg and the likes. I also like a lot of Death metal, power metal, nu-metal, punk, thrash, industrial, classical, ska and swing music. Yay.

REPLACE standard newbie emoticons here: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :!: :idea: :wink:

#49056 by Leila
Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:39 am
Hy to everyone's here!!!!
I'm an italian girl,I start hearing Devin some year ago(and I have to thank's a devil guy wich "introduce" me to listening DTB)and my favourite album is Terria,but I really love all album!!!
I just recently decided to join us...because...ehmm.... I have some problem to write a corret english,than...please be patient with me..... :oops:

#49057 by Guest
Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:50 am
Hey my friend !!!

Welcome home !!!

possiamo parlare un po'di italiano se e quello che desiderate. Spero che ti piacera questo sito :)

Geoff

#49062 by Vergil
Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:15 am
Leila wrote:I just recently decided to join us...because...ehmm.... I have some problem to write a corret english,than...please be patient with me..... :oops:

that won't be a problem, all the folks here are really cool 8)

#49267 by Kristopher
Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:08 am
Shit, now I feel uncultured.. being italian and all... The only words I know are belissimo... oh hang on... Ragguleto is a brand of pasta sauce... and bella monte must mean a beautiful mount....

Truely Im an Australian italian...

New to the forums but definately not new to DEVY... Listenned for years... First heardStrapping and Devin on the same compilation CD "Route 666" and since then Ive been an avid listenner.

Hey remember the fansite Amish Rumble... It's mine... made it when I was 16 i think... Its still linked i think...

#49595 by mistress2metal
Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:48 pm
Welcome everybody! Have fun!

#49625 by ForceFed
Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:19 am
New to this forum...and fairly new to the work of Devin Townsend as well. I've just recently been discovering SYL, and once i've gotten over the sensory overload of that, i'll move onto his other projects as well.

Anyway, yeah, here I am. :mrgreen:

#49635 by Leila
Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:02 am
Thank's to all!!!! :why:
I think that listen foreigners talk in italian is funny but also so beautiful!!!I like it!!!!What do you think about italian languages?!?You have the same difficult like me in to speak english?!?

x Kristopher:what's raguletto?!?! :?:

x geoff:wow!!!che bello,sarebbe divertente poter parlare un po' in italiano con voi!!!Ma tu lo capisci bene?!Grazie per il caloroso e gentile benvenuto!!! :drink:

#49643 by Vesper
Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:50 am
*waves*

All hail the new forumflesh!

#50395 by rwo1
Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:28 pm
Greetings.....My name is Mark and this is my first time here. Im a long time fan of Devins work and enjoy all his projects. My personal favorite is OCEAN MACHINE, but i was originally got into his work from the SYL: No Sleep Till Bedtime CD.

Looking forward to chatting it up with you guys and gals.

#50918 by FlatHead
Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:55 pm
Evening. My name's Kenny, I'm from Belgium and this is also my first time here. An internet buddy from the States introduced me to Devin's work three years ago, and there practically hasn't been a day since that I haven't listened to his music. The guy was nice enough to send me his entire Devy collection in mp3, and I was impressed enough to buy all the CD's legally afterward :) The only one missing in my collection is Official Bootleg, but I promise I'll get around to it soon enough.

My favorite album is Terria, for sure. Least favorite is Ocean Machine, though I can't really explain why. Earth Day still blows my mind the 10,000th time I've listened to it... my favorite song by any performer ever, bar none.

Anyway, enough about me. Thanks for having me, I hope I can contribute something and Dev - rock on.

#50927 by Ninja Butterfly
Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:28 pm
Pleasure to greet you, one and all :)

#51148 by Jim Fear
Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:08 am
Hey guys.Names Nick and yeah, i obviously like devy's work.Great voice ,great guitarist and even though i've never met him you can just tell through his music that he'd be an awesome guy.Anyway,music wise apart from the dev i'm into anything from The Dillinger Escape Plan & Neurosis to Emperor & Satyricon.Looks like a nice site.

#51655 by Stinkdread
Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:17 am
Ah, my turn:

I'm Daan, 19 years old, from The Netherlands and I allmost dare to say that I'm the biggest fan from Devy in holland.....but 2 of my friends say that too so it's gonna be dificult.

I love everything Devy is involved with, the albums he produced rule too you see (except Stuck Mojo but that's about taste). SYL was the best live-show I've ever seen, I saw them the first time 3 years ago when they were touring with Fear Factory, and I cam for Fear Factory......but.....DEVY STOLE THE SHOW......devy should have been the headliner goddamned! They are MUCH better than Fear Factory!!!

ah well, I saw him another two times live here in holland and they were both GREAT.

I play in 2 bands on the moment too (one trashmetalband, one coverband) and I do vocals and play guitar.
Well, that's about it I guess, I hope to have a great time here and share my experiences about devy, cause he's my herooooooooo

Daan