Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#254673 by Lettuce
Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 pm
I TURNED A DUCK INTO A STIR FRY JUST NOW.

I love food. I love making stupid food. I take great pride in my food. One of my favourite works (which is pretty popular) is my spicy brownies. Made a 15cmx20cm layer cake with the recipe and took it to a gig a few weeks ago. It was totally grand.
#254674 by Abydost
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:04 pm
Lettuce wrote:I TURNED A DUCK INTO A STIR FRY JUST NOW.

I love food. I love making stupid food. I take great pride in my food. One of my favourite works (which is pretty popular) is my spicy brownies. Made a 15cmx20cm layer cake with the recipe and took it to a gig a few weeks ago. It was totally grand.


Spicy brownies you say. I hear chocolate with chilli is quite awesome. Must try sometime.
#254676 by Lettuce
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 pm
Abydost wrote:
Lettuce wrote:I TURNED A DUCK INTO A STIR FRY JUST NOW.

I love food. I love making stupid food. I take great pride in my food. One of my favourite works (which is pretty popular) is my spicy brownies. Made a 15cmx20cm layer cake with the recipe and took it to a gig a few weeks ago. It was totally grand.


Spicy brownies you say. I hear chocolate with chilli is quite awesome. Must try sometime.


I have my top secret recipe, but it contains chilli, orange cinnemon, and some other various tings. They're so fit. Combined with chilli ganache and you're a nibble away from a heart attack.
#254677 by Aden
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:21 pm
I'm off to make a nice Venison grillsteak/burger with varieties of chilli sauce and mustard and relish and cheese, with a side of Croquettes cus they're amazing, with some Heinz fiery chilli twisted ketchup to dip them in.

This christmas, I made a Chilli Cheese Salami & Fries hot dog, but encased inside a wrapped up Garlic & Herb flatbread... It was huge, and amazing. I then ate 2 more Chilli Cheese 'Dogs... somehow.

Does anybody here watch Man v Food? <3
#254692 by Abydost
Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 pm
Typical of me to forget to take a pic of epic dinner with bro collaboration I had today.

Had these kinda thin burger ish things (løvbiff, which means leaf-steak), with brown sauce, mexican salad with epic dressing and mini nacho-chips and epic homemade potato wedges with chilli spice and peppar on. I love collaborating with bros on food.
#254693 by Tyroshai
Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:06 pm
Abydost wrote:potato wedges


lol potatoboats.

I made this for a friend a couple of days ago. (Excuse the photo quality, it's from my shite phone camera).

Image

Coley fillet with cracked black pepper, fresh lemon and dill. Accompanied by roast winter vegetables- Potatoes, red onion, normal onion, parsnips, carrots etc.
I was dead proud of it, even though it's shockingly simple. :D
#254713 by mEh!
Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:40 am
Image
IS the shit.
I'd kill a dragon for one right now.
#254715 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:48 am
^ That reminds me of Italy. I'll never be as content with food as I was there I think.
#254719 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 am
Whenever I have money for excess food (maybe once a month), I like to buy pita wraps, hot salami, feta (or mozzerela), sundried tomatoes, olives (sometimes with garlic or pimento), button mushrooms, and perhaps grilled eggplant, and make wraps at home. There's usually enough for 8 meals (or four in my case, as I like to have two at once - yes, I know, pig). I'll add some mustard and/or chilli sauce, and bake them in the oven for about 15 or so minutes, so crispy on the outside, hot and soft inside.
#254743 by Aden
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:20 am
Gonna order myself a nice 12" meat feast pizza tonight, and then pour some hot chilli all over it, and then devour it. :)
#254746 by Billy Rhomboid
Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 am
mEh! wrote:Image
IS the shit.
I'd kill a dragon for one right now.


We make that. And culatello, pancetta, soppressata, guanciale, copacollo etc etc.

My new dish du semaine is whole squid stuffed with chorizo and black pudding. But tonight we are having perennial leg of lamb Pompeiian style roasted in thyme and anchovy paste with a date and balsamic reduction.
#254749 by Octillus
Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 pm
Well, I'm a vegetarian and have been so for years. I'm not really anal-retentive about it, and I wouldn't even bring it up if it weren't that for the fact that this is the food thread.

That said, on top of that, I've gone on the strictest diet I've ever given myself, due to the fact that I'm trying to trim down for a role.

lots of vegetables. Some eggs. Rice and Beans, whole grain cereal. This is now my life.



FML

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests