Archived
#84095 by FinnAtLondon
Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:44 am
So what do ya got? A list would be cool but with comments on what you like about them it'd be awesome. Didn't get around to playing PRS yet then?

Cheers,

Pekka

#84364 by Archetype
Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:52 am
Why would Devin play on PRS? It would fuck up his whole sound.

#84427 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:46 am
as he said somewhere that he would love to get his fingers on one...who wouldn't?

#84568 by Archetype
Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:19 am
me.
They're way too expensive for the quality you get. You're better off with a good Strat and a good Les Paul. Ofcourse it's your own choice, but I wouldn't recommend buying a PRS to anyone, there are way better guitars available for those prices.

#84634 by Guitarzan
Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:38 pm
PRS is overpriced, but you're saying I'm better off buying a Gibson Les Paul? Goddamn are Les Pauls getting overpriced these days. Sure PRS is more overpriced, but a LP isn't far off.

I'll stick to my ESP/Ibanez/Schecter.

#85369 by FinnAtLondon
Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:59 am
Gene has one and Dev loved it.

PRS are awesome, but sure some of them are not good value for money.

#86368 by Greg Reason
Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:34 am
PRS and Gibson are the two best guitar companies IMO... Both a lot more reliable than fender. Fender make some great stuff, but I really have to play a lot of them to find one I really like. Gibson and PRS are a lot more consistant. I think they are both worth the money... I couldn't justify it until I worked at a Gibson store, but two years in there and I can hack it.... but I still haven't bought a new one.

#98899 by The Incision
Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:01 pm
All guitar are a bit overpriced. Paul Reed Smith, have all the tone (in most models) as gibsons but tend to stay in tuning alot better, especially then those god-awful SG's. Fenders...the wood is great, but gosh damn if the hardware doesn't just suck butt nowadays.
-Brent

#98919 by Spinalcold
Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:43 pm
Archetype wrote:me.
They're way too expensive for the quality you get. You're better off with a good Strat and a good Les Paul. Ofcourse it's your own choice, but I wouldn't recommend buying a PRS to anyone, there are way better guitars available for those prices.

A Fender? They are just as crappy now as they used to be. They were a low end, cheep guitar until the name caught on, that's why people picked them up back in the 60s and 70s (they especially went down in the 70s, but at least got a bit better again). Sure, I'll admit that they sound right for certain types of music, but so does a Slammer, albiet their easier to play than Slammers.

PRS are excelent guitars and you get what you pay for, they play like gods and sound like demi-gods...I'm a hardcore Gibson fan :-P But if you want something that sounds like a Gibson or PRS but is cheeper, look into Godin, excelent price and excelent guitars. Plus they have a better system to keep the guitar in tune instead of the damned Floyd Rose <shudders>, it doesn't work as good, but I refuse to get a guitar with Floyd Rose.

But maybe I'm spoiled by the guitar my Dad handed down to me. 1960 Les Paul Junior :-D
#203343 by AxxionJackson
Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:22 am
I know that Devs using Peavey guitars right now, and i think endorsing them as well. Im pretty sure though that most of his guitars are ESP"s cause He used those all the time, not sure if he still does though. Man his custom Tele esps are just orgasmic, if only I could get my hands on one!
#223853 by MetalHeadMat
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:06 pm
Hey guys, does anyone here know the specs of Devin's ESP's?
I'm a real sucker for a Jackson or Charvel, but he's been giving me an itch for ESP's and I was trying to find some specs for them.

He has some really beautiful guitars, like his M-I/M-II(?) in the music video for Wrong side (during the clean vocals/dreams portions). And his custom Tele's are magnificent.