The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#82038 by idrquattro
Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:03 pm
I built a custom kit (with Buff's help) and holy hell, what a nice guy he is. Took delivery and was thuroughly impressed. Question is, being that they are based out of Vancouver, did you ever consider Ayotte?
#82061 by Drumdude13
Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:25 am
idrquattro wrote:I built a custom kit (with Buff's help) and holy hell, what a nice guy he is. Took delivery and was thuroughly impressed. Question is, being that they are based out of Vancouver, did you ever consider Ayotte?

Good question bro.........

I actually owned a beautiful $1200 Custom Maple Ayotte Snare for a few years. I liked it for a while but I found that the drum pretty much had one type of sound and I got bored of it over the years.......

Ayotte makes some amazing drums. The Armoury Studios (Where DTB recorded AE and now Synchestra.....) has a beautiful Ayotte kit that sounds amazing ! They do make great drums, it's just that I've been a Pearl Drums guy for quite sometime now. I love Pearl's Masters Series......that's where it's at for me !

#82621 by idrquattro
Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:13 pm
I here you, but I do love recording with the Ayotte, the sound seems so controllable. I actually have an old gretsch that hands down is my favorite kit, but never had the Pearl Masters series.

#82699 by Drumdude13
Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:40 am
idrquattro wrote:I here you, but I do love recording with the Ayotte, the sound seems so controllable. I actually have an old gretsch that hands down is my favorite kit, but never had the Pearl Masters series.

Nice.........Gretsch make amazing drums as well bro ! Very good drums ! There are definitely many great Drum companies out there but out of all the Bigger name brands......I found Pearl Masters to be the best. Amazing for recording and live.......try out a Masters MMX or a BRX for recording one time. I'm positive you'll be impressed ! :wink: :P

RVP