The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#57854 by Drumdude13
Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:50 am
These guy's are fuckin' awesome. They are amazing drummers and very creative. If you have'nt checked them out then go to http://www.blueman.com and go nut's !

A little known fact about the group.....Tim "Herb" Alexander used to play with the Blue Man Group after he quit Primus years ago ! I would have killed to see a Blue Man performance with "Herb" in there !

Another simiilar group from here in Vancouver are Scrap Arts http://www.scrapartsmusic.com These guy's asked me to join the group and tour the world with them about a year or so ago but the Devy gig is what I wanted to do, so I obviously turned it down. The money is amazing though :shock: Those Scrap Arts guys are making HUGE cash and it's amazing drummin' ! Great stuff.....

Anyways, ....opinion's on Blue Man Group ? Any other bands like these guy's around that you know of ?

#57862 by Sinkharmony
Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:22 am
Blue Man Group is amazing! Have you ever seen them live Ryan? It's much more than a music concert, it's a complete mind fuck. Amazing musicians and very innovative artists.

#57871 by Drumdude13
Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:42 am
Sinkharmony wrote:Blue Man Group is amazing! Have you ever seen them live Ryan? It's much more than a music concert, it's a complete mind fuck. Amazing musicians and very innovative artists.

I've only seen a live DVD of them and I would kill to see them live ! The DVD was absolutely amazing !!! The one time they came thru Vancouver, I was on tour with tthe DTB :sad: Next time they come thru.....I'm GOING !

#57876 by Sinkharmony
Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:52 am
Drumdude13 wrote:
Sinkharmony wrote:Blue Man Group is amazing! Have you ever seen them live Ryan? It's much more than a music concert, it's a complete mind fuck. Amazing musicians and very innovative artists.

I've only seen a live DVD of them and I would kill to see them live ! The DVD was absolutely amazing !!! The one time they came thru Vancouver, I was on tour with tthe DTB :sad: Next time they come thru.....I'm GOING !

Well, their touring live show is actually alot different than their staged "theatrical" live shows which was what I was talking about. I need to check out the live dvd myself since I haven't seen it.

The stage versions are an audience interactive experience! You go there and all kinds of crazy shit happens. Just to give an example, I took my girl there to the New York show and got some front row tickets (not too hard since they do shows every single night). Everyone in the first 5 rows gets a mandatory plastic sheet to protect them from flying projectiles and all sorts of food and liquids. It's crazy!!!!

They do those staged shows in New York, Boston, Las Vegas and Chicago. Next time you guys tour with DTB or you take a vacation yourself, I strongly recommend getting some tickets for a night off or something and checking it out. You will not be disappointed. The closest you can get to tripping without eating the mushrooms! :D

#59254 by The Devourer
Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:52 pm
ehhhh SPOILER ABOUT THE VEGAS SHOW...ABORT! ABORT!

all I have to say is go check out the show in vegas. thats the tr00 one. In fact, the show was kinda like this: TRIPPY AS FUCK!!! just get ripped and go see that shit.

At both sides of the stage, they had these big, tall cylinders with skeletons inside and in various positions. Before I realized they MOVED I was thinking like, "what the fuck?....but alright...."

towards the end of the show they put on all these lights and shit, play loud as all hell, and then they run from behind the seating area and grab these things of fucking t.p. and drape it over everybody's head. that part was the best. if I only had a buzz going!

one drawback is that it's an audience participation show. so...I was sitting there hoping to god they didn't pick me otherwise I was gonna sock em one :lol: I think I remembered one guy they picked got swung around by his feet and nailed with balloons of paint or something.

the drummers were fucking amazing, at one point they had four of them at the same time...I never thought four drummers could sound so cool.

someone here once had a signature with the blue man group guitarist (one of em anyway) and I wanted it. bastards...but yeah, these guys are awesome as hell. go to their website and check out their 9/11 tribute song. fuckin rules..very moving.

And thats what music is all about. if it moves you in the end then nothing else matters about how you got there or anything like that, or arguements with bandmates...none of that petty stuff.

and thats all this man has to say about those men. that sounded wrong didn't it? :cry: :lol:
#59261 by mo
Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:05 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:These guy's are fuckin' awesome. They are amazing drummers and very creative. If you have'nt checked them out then go to http://www.blueman.com and go nut's !

A little known fact about the group.....Tim "Herb" Alexander used to play with the Blue Man Group after he quit Primus years ago ! I would have killed to see a Blue Man performance with "Herb" in there !

Another simiilar group from here in Vancouver are Scrap Arts http://www.scrapartsmusic.com These guy's asked me to join the group and tour the world with them about a year or so ago but the Devy gig is what I wanted to do, so I obviously turned it down. The money is amazing though :shock: Those Scrap Arts guys are making HUGE cash and it's amazing drummin' ! Great stuff.....

Anyways, ....opinion's on Blue Man Group ? Any other bands like these guy's around that you know of ?

I've seen them on the Intel ads???

#59360 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:04 am
I love the Blue Man Group!!!! (what else you guess is the reason for my Avatar?)I owe Audio and Complex....also Audio as DVD-Audio...awesome...I really love their art and would love to see them live.

They perform in Berlin atm. But unfortunately I didn't find the time to take 4 days off to travel to Berlin an seeing the show....their drumsound rocks!!! I gonna check out the Scrap arts. Never heard about them before.

#59407 by Tezu
Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:26 am
I've seen the show in Vegas, Chicago, Boston and New York.
I found the music more compelling in the last three and the show more entertaining in Vegas. I guess that could be due to venue and installation size. :shrug: