The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#134530 by Drumdude13
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Hey Everyone,

So, this band Delight is preparing to release their debut album thru Roadrunner Records in early 2007. I ended up recording the 14 songs for this album in early 2006. Producer, Rhys Fulber (Fear Factory, Front Line Assembly) hired me to record all the drums for the album. It's really cool and I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was actually the first recording I did with my new Pearl Reference Drumkit from my Pearl Endorsement..... the drum sound kicks ass too !!! Thanks to Shaun Thingvold's (Fear Factory, SYL, DTB, Terror Syndrome) engineering skills.

The drumming on the album is pretty straight forward stuff. Playing for the song. There are really cool beats and cool fills spread throughout the album though. You'll hear the RVP influence from time to time forsure.

The music itself is Hard rock music and very catchy. They have a great female vocalist with great melodies. I guess you could say they are Europes answer to Evanescence (in a good way), maybe a little heavier. You can decide for yourself after hearing it... check 'em out though, if you want to hear some RVP Session drumming. I think they are pretty cool and have a good shot at doing something big.

They put up an album track titled "Divided" on their My Space page. Here's the link :

http://www.myspace.com/delightspace

Hope ya' dig it. Thought I'd keep you all up to date on the RVP Session's coming out. Later....

RVP

#134580 by sj_2150
Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:14 am
how about terror syndrome!? all done?

#134591 by Drumdude13
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 am
sj_2150 wrote:how about terror syndrome!? all done?

Close to done, just getting all the guest appearances recorded (already have some guest appearances in) then mixing, then we'll be close to done....

I'd say early 2007...... :twisted:

It's gonna' be crazy !!!! I can't wait to release it !!!

RVP

#134594 by JuZ
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:35 am
Suh-weet. Can't wait to hear it. Not sure how the whole session muso thing works, but is there a reason their "drummer" (as listed on their myspace site) didn't do the job himself?

#134600 by Persuader
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:48 am
Perhaps he joined the band after the album recording?

#134601 by JuZ
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:55 am
You may be right!

#134687 by Drumdude13
Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:20 pm
Persuader wrote:Perhaps he joined the band after the album recording?

Yup... Persuader is right. Plus they wanted a session guy for the album so they could get exactly what they wanted for their big label release. Rhys Fulber made that call.

Regardless, the album turned out awesome and everyone including the new Delight drummer is happy !!!

RVP

#134690 by JuZ
Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:00 pm
Ah ok, makes sense. If you're "between" drummers at the time you'd obviously be doing yourself a favour by getting a quality drummer (hehe, obviously pretty decent in this case :wink: ) to do the business in the studio.

Cheers, Ryan! :D