The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen

#127132 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:49 am
You and me, me and you...we are thinking similar thoughts.

#127133 by Metalmonkey
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:50 am
SouldrivenDevil wrote:It's going to be the 'original' Inifinty track list as well, including OM and Star Child Rise and I believe another song made up of other bits and pieces of "Processional"

He's been thinking about that for a long time now, but maybe this time he'll finally do it.

#127139 by day old male
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:04 am
If this is true, let's speculate: will this album be a remix of the tracks he probably has saved on a hard-disc somewhere with additions and improvements, OR, will it be a complete re-recording altogether? Because if it is the latter, I can imagine it will be quite a different Infinity from the one we all have. The temptation to do tweaks and changes etc... whilst in the studio with Gene will be huge. I must admit, I'm excited about this possibility :)

#127144 by sj_2150
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:22 am
i would love to hear man make it on this if it acctually is going through

#127145 by day old male
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:27 am
I thought Man was an OM reject? There's 2 versions too - one on Ass-Sordid's 1 and 2. Have you heard both? They're awesome.

#127146 by sj_2150
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:30 am
only the demo version that came as a bonus track with my infinity. i still need to get punky, ass sordids and devlab

#127148 by day old male
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:36 am
I'm certain that the version of Man on your Infinity was a bonus track that was lifted of Ass-Sordid 1 - it's a better quality recording IMO as the one on Ass-Sordid 2 was done in his Noisecapes days, still fantastic though, just a bit different. Man, you have to get those Ass-Sordid albums - they're fucking amazing. Devlab's really bizarre, but great if you're in the right mood. Punky, well, I suppose it's good to have in your collection as a Dev-fan, but let me put it to you this way - I haven't listened to it since 1999! It's a great project and really well executed, but I just can't handle that type of music (corporate punk) and I think that's a testament to how well Dev has pulled it off.

#127150 by Metalmonkey
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:40 am
edited, missread, and can't find the delete button...

#127182 by SouldrivenDevil
Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:29 pm
day old male wrote:I thought Man was an OM reject? There's 2 versions too - one on Ass-Sordid's 1 and 2. Have you heard both? They're awesome.

The 'original' Man on Ass sorid 2 also boasts the early version of 'Velvet Kovorkian' as it's intro

#127183 by SouldrivenDevil
Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:31 pm
I'm just eager to see how the album is mixed together and how different the flow of the album will be.

I believe the 'original' track list doesn't have "Bad Devil" or "Wild Colonial Boy" on it either.

#127184 by SouldrivenDevil
Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:32 pm
Metalmonkey wrote:
SouldrivenDevil wrote:It's going to be the 'original' Inifinty track list as well, including OM and Star Child Rise and I believe another song made up of other bits and pieces of "Processional"

He's been thinking about that for a long time now, but maybe this time he'll finally do it.

Hoping with the highest of hopes

#127185 by kyl88
Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:05 pm
If this actually happens, I think i'd rather hear Ryan drumming. No offense to Gene, when it comes to Strapping-like metal there is no one better... but the way Ryan played on Synchestra, damn. To hear his take on songs like OM, and Souldriven? Ohhhhhhhh that would be awesome :twisted:

But it will probably never happen anyway. By next February Devin may be burtsing with new music. We can't lose :D

#127187 by Yanko
Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:31 pm
so who's gonna link this thread on the "ask tracy" forums? :D

#127209 by Blazingmonga
Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:57 am
kyl88 wrote:If this actually happens, I think i'd rather hear Ryan drumming. No offense to Gene, when it comes to Strapping-like metal there is no one better... but the way Ryan played on Synchestra, damn. To hear his take on songs like OM, and Souldriven? Ohhhhhhhh that would be awesome :twisted:

But it will probably never happen anyway. By next February Devin may be burtsing with new music. We can't lose :D

Fair point, though have you rememberd that Gene also played on Terria? When I heard Synchestra I thought both the bass and drums were much more like the Terria sound.

Whoever records the album, it will rock.

#127211 by Metalmonkey
Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:16 am
SouldrivenDevil wrote:
day old male wrote:I thought Man was an OM reject? There's 2 versions too - one on Ass-Sordid's 1 and 2. Have you heard both? They're awesome.

The 'original' Man on Ass sorid 2 also boasts the early version of 'Velvet Kovorkian' as it's intro

And it's called Woman too :wink: