All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#103704 by Burbster
Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:15 am
I kinda imagine Seventh Wave as being on a tiny island in the middle of a vast blue, cold ocean, which is gradually becoming submerged underwater.

#157391 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:45 pm
The latter part of Funeral, that goes into Bastard, is floating in the middle of the ocean on a beautiful sunny day with clouds that capture every color of the spectrum, that suddenly turn grey and cruel, as a furious thunderstorm rolls in...

#157411 by Persuader
Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:32 pm
Death of music gives me images of a dark beach, somewhat like this

#157433 by Biert
Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:00 am
Persuader wrote:Death of music gives me images of a dark beach, somewhat like this

Hell yeah!

#157485 by Centurion
Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:39 pm
Let me sea...hm..*thinking* I got it! It`s the ocean that comes to mind!! :D

This has become a kind of summeralbum for me. I do not listen to it that much the rest of the year.

#157493 by Ike
Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:50 pm
"bastard" is an empty, nightly harbour scene for me. lots of architecture, but all lifeless and shimmering wet by rain and the seabreeze.

"voices in the fan" evokes pictures of the inside of some small house or hutt by the sea, one you could imagine an author or poet living in. but he's gone, no-ones around and the dust is hovering in the early morning sunrays. really early morning, like 4 a.m., and there's that fan standing on the desk. this one is really strong in my mind.

"funeral" is a rainy funeral scene, also near the sea.

in my mind, the sea is always close in those ocean machine-scenes, but there are no underwater scenes. quite a lot of man made stuff, in fact, but it's all dark, greyish-blue, and it rains most of the time.

.... ahhhh crap, now i'm lost in there again :D seems like i have to put on the album once more. this album is not normal.

#157691 by Eat Beets
Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:29 am
Seventh Wave:

I'm alone on an isolated beach at night, a veritable deserted island consumed by the vast horizon of surrounding ocean. No light except from the moon. The waves are rising (yeah I know, derr), pounding the beach; but not in a threatening way. This gives me a feeling of acceptance, and gratitude.

Voices in the Fan:

This one, as a previous poster stated, provides the most vivid images in my mind. The scene starts out on a lonely daytime beach, on a fair day. As soon as the first verse ends, I get a strong vision of a small dwelling with cold, but somehow nostalgic walls, that reflect pools of light and water. This song, for some reason, has a hint of nostalgia I personally respond to.

Bastard:

I freaking love how this song starts out: with the pleasing outro of 'Funeral', that hastily becomes like a nice day at sea being overtaken by a major storm. When the 'Girl from Blue City' part kicks in, I see a small futuristic city on the sea, which has become somewhat worn down.

Arguably my favorite album from the Dev.