We tried metal but it didn't work, so let us in on the punk rock dough!

And the award for best song on Punky Bruster goes to...

7%
7%
7%
7%
11%
11%
10%
10%
1%
1%
4%
4%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
1%
N/A
N/A
3%
3%
N/A
N/A
#300788 by Jamvanman
Fri May 04, 2012 3:04 am
Picked this up the other day. I'm not really a laugh-out-loud kind of guy but man this came close! So far I'm loving it. Much like just about all the other Devin albums. But it really amazes me how diverse his music is and yet consistently so enjoyable and powerful.
#311145 by Knookrattegif
Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 am
Voting for Fake Punk but counting the "ZEEEEEPPELIIIIIIIIIN" scream as part of it.
This is actually the first song I'd heard by Devin Townsend way back in the days. It was used in a skate video "Hoax III" or something. The soundtrack to it also had EZ$$ on it.

It's special to me.
#313873 by Luk
Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 pm
Knookrattegif wrote:Voting for Fake Punk but counting the "ZEEEEEPPELIIIIIIIIIN" scream as part of it.

Agree!
Fake Punk is the best in my oppinion. Short and cheerful ! :guitar:
#314159 by Churchy
Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:00 am
For me it has to be Wallet Chain. For me it's by far the funniest song off the album. I just find it hilariously absurd that a song about wallet chains has even been made. I think it's just a great pastiche of that style of music (especially with the guys just shouting "Wallet Chain" in the background). Also the way Dev sings it funny in itself.

I heard rumours that this, along with a few Punky Bruster songs have been played at recent live shows. Is this true or false?
#314170 by Octillus
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 pm
Churchy wrote:For me it has to be Wallet Chain. For me it's by far the funniest song off the album. I just find it hilariously absurd that a song about wallet chains has even been made. I think it's just a great pastiche of that style of music (especially with the guys just shouting "Wallet Chain" in the background). Also the way Dev sings it funny in itself.

I heard rumours that this, along with a few Punky Bruster songs have been played at recent live shows. Is this true or false?

He used to do Fake Punk many moons ago, but not much since. The exception being during the By a Thread concerts in London in November of last year for the encore of Deconstruction. He played Fake Punk, Metal Dilemma and Wallet Chain. 20% of the crowd was ecstatic, the rest were confused
#314290 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:57 am
Metal Dilemma wins it for me. Catchiest riffs and lyrics that make me smile widest. You gotta love that 80's scream in the middle. Wallet Chain comes as a close second.