We tried metal but it didn't work, so let us in on the punk rock dough!

#77189 by Diabolica
Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:51 pm
I agree, there are SO many great quotes on this CD. I've had this CD for about 8 years nowo and all the dialog STILL cracks me up! I don't even know if I could choose a favorite, it's all so funny, but the "I broke a string!...I mean, I BROKE A STRING!" line is the one me and all my friends loved to run around quoting. We STILL love saying it to this day. It seems to be the most memorable...

Hands down, one of the greatest CDs ever!!!

#84934 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:22 am
simen_88 wrote:Recipe For Bait is Green Day.

The title itself is an allusion to Bad Religion's 1993 album "Recipe For Hate" me thinks - one of my favourite bands by the way. They are the Iron Maiden of punkrock with 25 years under their belt and a three guitar lineup in the studio and occasionally on tour, when Mr. Brett isn't too occupied with his "Epitaph" record label.

Nevertheless I had a good laugh reading the title of the first song on Punky Brüster (and during the whole album of course) - and still have. :D

The best part is the wallet chain episode - and it fits not only with the so called "punks", but with the "nu metal" and gothic crowd, too. Fuck, last time I've seen Testament live (Demonic era), they all wore stupid baggy pants and ridiculous wallet chains. So those silly chains obviously are pretty common in metal nowadays, too. Fucking dress codes in the so-called underground scene...
:flame:

#85884 by Goat
Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:02 am
"Do not resist this punk assimilation. I don't think you understand the direction we are headin'."
"I, I do not, sir, explain it to me please."
"It's boot lickin' punk rock."

"Iron Maiden, who are they, I only listen to D.O.A."

"Yeah, you guys got a lot of potential, but, aaa ... you still sound pretty heavy metal ..."
"What do you mean."
"Yeah that's comin' from me, I ... I'm a manager y'know I know this things."

"Now way, we're a band."

"OK, this is our new single, and this goes out to all of ... youuu."

The shit is soooo funny.

#97201 by Tracy
Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:26 pm
As far as I know none of the punky bruster tracks have lyrics which are parodies from other punkrock-bands. I listen to a lot of punkrock, but ofcourse I do not know everything.
Punky Bruster is just a fuck you to punkrock, so I'm guessing most lyrics are written only for that purpose, not to make a parody of exisiting punkrock tracks.

Except of course "Metal Heads are Punk Rockers" that came from the Ramones "Sheena is a Punk Rocker".

#97538 by Catatonik
Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:09 pm
Thanks Tracy, I actually wondered about that. :D

I spin this album all the time (especially when my 'Punk Elitist' buddies are over).

#97583 by gozu
Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:13 am
i just like
"in our heros bedroom... or as they say in canada bedRoom"

#97718 by funny_little_guy
Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:34 pm
gozu wrote:i just like
"in our heros bedroom... or as they say in canada bedRoom"
Oh man the first time I heard that I could not stop laughing.... embarrsing acaully I was on a public bus...

#97807 by gozu
Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:05 am
i had to listen again, then got the joke, then made people listen to it just to understand the genius

#98608 by Tracy
Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:48 pm
I just listened to it again for the first time in years. It's pretty damn funny if I do say so myself.

Little factoid if you didn't know... The answering machine messages are actual messages left by Borivoj Krgin who was the A&R guy at Century Media at the time.

You all know him better now as the dude from Blabbermouth. :P

#98614 by Catatonik
Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:24 pm
I remember reading that and laughing even harder when listening to it.

It's better when it comes from the soul :D

#101414 by sj_2150
Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:00 am
"im a fake punk!"

... i dont like punk, this is just funny though

#103899 by Burbster
Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:48 am
"A Heavy metal... poster?"
"No, don't look at it! It's not mine it's a friend's!"
"A Heavy metal album, Heavy metal book?"
"It's... It's a PUNK BOOK!"

#103932 by gozu
Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:49 pm
ANARCHY :D

#149712 by Beelzebobo
Thu May 17, 2007 4:42 pm
This was the best 16 bucks I ever spent. After I stopped laughing I got all my friends to listen to it and we've been quoting it ever since.

"THANK YOU MR POSTAL-MAN!"

"I BROKE A STRING!"

"I need something to help ease the pain."
#218901 by ricoetc
Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:14 pm
I was at an Ascension of the Watchers (Burton C. Bell's (Fear Factory) side project) show a believe a year ago now. He broke a string while tuning and just utters the punky bruster line "I broke a string... hem... I BROKE A STRING!", it was hilarious... Just thought I throw that out there