We tried metal but it didn't work, so let us in on the punk rock dough!

You fav. song?

9%
9%
9%
9%
8%
8%
5%
5%
1%
1%
3%
3%
1%
1%
2%
2%
3%
3%
1%
1%
2%
2%
5%
5%
1%
1%

#77190 by Diabolica
Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:55 pm
Wow, it's hard to pick a favorite. "Fake Punk" was the first P.B. song I heard (on a metal compilation) so I'm kind of biased toward that one -- it's got a helluva melody and it's really hard to sit still when it's playing.

"Metal Dilemma" has grown on me though. I esp. like the part "Heavy Metal now!!!" and "give me one more metal yell: WHO-OH!".

I did a review of it for Instant Magazine, maybe I'll come back later and post it since it pretty much explains why I love it so much.

#77214 by Janne
Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:24 am
Yeah, Metal Dilemma is wonderful, because it really pokes fun at the metal scene, but in a very loving way. I mean, I follow his leads in this one. When he goes: "Heavy metal now!" - I start headbanging and playing air guitar. And when he asks for "...one more metal yell", I too go: "YIIIEEEEEAAAHHH!"

A great album overall.

#85882 by Goat
Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:47 am
Yep, Metal Dilemma for me too.

"All your friends are morons!" Hahaha. The whole record is brilliant, I also noticed a Pythonism in there, the classic "And now for something completely different."

Oh yeah, and the "thanks to Norwegian death metal scene" is fuckin hilarious, I love it how they pull themselves out of that one with thanking god immediately, good stuff.

Did you know that wikipedia has an article on Punky Bruster? It says it was inspired by one of Dev's friends jumping on a punk wagon. Is that true?

Imagine one of Dev's friends jumping on a r'n'b hip-hop wagon. How much bad filler material would there be on that record, huh?

#136272 by Bad Devils' Advocate
Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:25 am
DivideByZero wrote:Gotta go with Larry's O. The Girls Next Door is al
hilarious.

My Husband And I have almost every album Devy has put out but this one CD I can't bring myself to listen to. Every time my husband Deth Warmedover has it playing on the stereo I tell him to pull it. Its not Devy's best work. :twisted:

#136274 by djskrimp
Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:46 am
Bad Devils' Advocate wrote:
DivideByZero wrote:Gotta go with Larry's O. The Girls Next Door is al
hilarious.

My Husband And I have almost every album Devy has put out but this one CD I can't bring myself to listen to. Every time my husband Deth Warmedover has it playing on the stereo I tell him to pull it. Its not Devy's best work. :twisted:

Blasphemy...blasforyou...blasforusall!!!

Eddie Izzard is the man

#160665 by Mr Clean
Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:00 pm
Give me one more metal yell!!!
WOOOOOOOOO OOAAHHH!!!!

Priceless!!!

"Metal Dilemma" :D

#160687 by the-fluke
Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am
It was a rundown 'tween EZ$$ and Larry's O. But Larry's O won out.
#170090 by TheCrow
Sat May 24, 2008 10:41 am
This album was a great surprise for me!

I didn't expect too much... And to my surprise, this is one of the best punk albums I've heard! Hilarious, catchy and really original... Here are the roots of the great "Ziltoid the Omniscient"!

My vote goes for Metal Dilemma... Great mixture of punk, metal and extreme metal!

The Crow (José Antonio)