We tried metal but it didn't work, so let us in on the punk rock dough!
#127630 by Puzzleface
Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:46 pm
The chorus on this song is INSANE. Devin's voice just goes into the stratosphere. Am I off base in saying this one of the strongest vocal performances in his career?
#127654 by djskrimp
Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:48 am
Puzzleface wrote:The chorus on this song is INSANE. Devin's voice just goes into the stratosphere. Am I off base in saying this one of the strongest vocal performances in his career?

I wouldn't say "off base" but I also wouldn't agree..I still think it is a tie between Synchestra and TNB
#127721 by danceswithchickens
Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:18 am
Puzzleface wrote:The chorus on this song is INSANE. Devin's voice just goes into the stratosphere. Am I off base in saying this one of the strongest vocal performances in his career?

I know what you're saying, Puzzleface. He really gives it in that chorus. It's his old-school voice that he put to good use on the Sex and Religion album. I've always loved that chrous; definitely one of the highlights of that album, if not his career.

However, his performance on "All Hail the New Flesh" makes this look like child's play...

#141416 by chrisvoa
Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:49 am
THE PART FROM THE ALIEN ALBUM IN THE SOMG SHINE,
"Don't tell me shit....Don't you tell me fucking shiiiiiiiiit.........UUUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" HOLY SHIT THAT END SCREAM IS JUST THE ULTIMATE VOCAL HE HAS EVER DONE, IN MY OPINION OF COURSE. I HEAR THAT PART AND ALMOST HAVE AN ANURISM JUST PICTURING HOW TO SCREAM IT! HIS VOCALS ARE SOMETIMES INHUMAN AND IMPOSSIBLE, BUT HE NAILS EM. I READ IN AN OLD METAL HAMMER INTEVIEW WHEN CITY CAME OUT THAT HE HAD A MINOR STROKE DOING THE VOCALS. NOT SUPRISING.

#141441 by Josiah Tobin
Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Caps lock man... :P

#149713 by Beelzebobo
Thu May 17, 2007 4:44 pm
Glad I'm not the only one who loves that performance, though I think he has much better ones (The Death of Music, All Hail the New Flesh, and more)