We tried metal but it didn't work, so let us in on the punk rock dough!
#135684 by danceswithchickens
Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:55 am
...is right near the end of the album, at the end of "Larry's O", after Devin says "You're going to want me to do something serious now. Kiss my ass." The next part is so simple, yet so heavy...I never hear anyone mention it, yet it's such a cool part...not to mention the little dramatization of the record company exec smacking his little band bitch around :lol:

I was just listening to it in the car, and felt that I had to mention that.

#135727 by kettle
Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:36 pm
I like that too.

"we'll kill yer family, we'll kill yer dog, we'll kill yer girlfriend"

I really like listening to this record which is what validates the point being made. (except this wins by default)

I love driving to EZ$$. two chords later and your house is paid for. Kinda goes with that going to work justification.. ...cos work is work, If we only we could all be artists.

"..this is going against everything I've ever believed in."

"and yes, yes, while the money is good..."

#135745 by Biert
Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:51 am
"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YYYYYYYYYYYYYOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYSS!!!" :lol:

#135858 by Pigmash
Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:30 am
"THANK YOU Mr postal man!"
Gotta be my favorite bit...

#135870 by Miek
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:14 pm
I think the reason that part stands out is that it seems to be more Devin based musically than the other parts where he is poking fun at 'punk rawk'. Kind of justifying himself that better music can easily be made, and it can be based on such simple rhythms.

Mmm mmm, so good!

#135892 by Deathcom7000
Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:53 pm
I love it because he's yelling at this guy for being a pseduo-anarchist, and I always think of my biased, over liberal, punk rock buddy when I hear it.

#137909 by bj
Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:50 pm
I just have heard the Punky Brüster and the best part is the part of the Criptycs...:)it is a great death metal joke of the early 90's:it has everything what a real grind-death metal song needs. Actually it is more authentic than the punk part-california punk would have been funnier, than oldschool hcish stuff: it would have been pretty nice for a white guy:)
Do someone Knows why the death metal band is Polish?
#250249 by Hurls34
Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:24 am
I like how he rattles off the stats in tems of how long it actually took him to make the album.
"....and the fact that you think your cool is mind-boggling."
#254678 by IK7
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 pm
I love at the beginning just before the song kicks in he says "think Green Day". Makes me laugh everytime I hear it.
#264788 by Moonburp
Sat May 07, 2011 4:25 am
IK7 wrote:I love at the beginning just before the song kicks in he says "think Green Day". Makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

That too. Makes it obvious who it's aimed at.