The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#314660 by Tyroshai
Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 am
Billy Rhomboid wrote:
debs wrote:hey i ad green day to this, as they total ripped of Townsend idea he did 4 records they did 3 and then they played those 3 records on one night when Townsend did his over 4 nights. Yeah totally not copying Townsend are you green day ?

I have always thought the similarity a little too close to comfort between Green Day and Dev. Have a listen to Dookie and Ocean Machine back to back: could be the same album, right? (apart from the covers being different).
Imagine my shock, then, when I realised Green Day released Dookie 2 years before OM was even recorded! Did Dev listen to Basketcase and rush off to write Voices in the Fan? Or, as I I prefer to believe, did that fatfaced pissant in Green Day steal Dev's nascent thoughts from the spirit ether and commit them to tape before Dev had a chance to?
I think we should be told.

While we are on the subject, I am pretty sure Opeth nicked most of Heritage from The Offspring.

Fucking lol :lol:
#314823 by Hexallon
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 pm
There's a metal band from here in the Bay Area but a bit north in Santa Rosa called Stomach. Don't know if they are still active but the whole of the Dev influence is there.
#314825 by Garrie
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm
Billy Rhomboid wrote:
debs wrote:hey i ad green day to this, as they total ripped of Townsend idea he did 4 records they did 3 and then they played those 3 records on one night when Townsend did his over 4 nights. Yeah totally not copying Townsend are you green day ?

I have always thought the similarity a little too close to comfort between Green Day and Dev. Have a listen to Dookie and Ocean Machine back to back: could be the same album, right? (apart from the covers being different).
Imagine my shock, then, when I realised Green Day released Dookie 2 years before OM was even recorded! Did Dev listen to Basketcase and rush off to write Voices in the Fan? Or, as I I prefer to believe, did that fatfaced pissant in Green Day steal Dev's nascent thoughts from the spirit ether and commit them to tape before Dev had a chance to?

While we are on the subject, I am pretty sure Opeth nicked most of Heritage from The Offspring.

Despite your irony, there's some truth in it!

[youtube]H3K2QYQQ9Ck[/youtube]
[youtube]Ee_uujKuJMI[/youtube]
#314839 by debs
Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:00 am
Garrie wrote:
Billy Rhomboid wrote:

Despite your irony, there's some truth in it!

[youtube]H3K2QYQQ9Ck[/youtube]
[youtube]Ee_uujKuJMI[/youtube]

proff at last
#315557 by FUBAR
Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 am
Antiyou wrote:I thought the new Faceless album was Dev and Mike Akerfeldt...

Yeah there's def some riffs from deconstruction on their new album.
#315562 by LicoriceLain
Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 pm
I think it is fair to say that quite a proggy froggies otu and about nowadays are influenced by some part of Dev's discog even if they never outright say it.
#315605 by MrDishington
Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 am
I came across this band called Above The Earth and I could hear so much Dev in them. Not a rip-off in any way but feels obviously inspired, then I found out they've actually put out a Supercrush cover. I would link but I'm at work so can't go on YouTube :(
#315609 by Garrie
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 am
MrDishington wrote:I came across this band called Above The Earth and I could hear so much Dev in them. Not a rip-off in any way but feels obviously inspired, then I found out they've actually put out a Supercrush cover. I would link but I'm at work so can't go on YouTube :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNVLSbXF8o

Link in question.
#315649 by ctfod
Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 pm
The Omega Experiment

...nothing else needs to be said
#315658 by debs
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 am
Garrie wrote:
MrDishington wrote:I came across this band called Above The Earth and I could hear so much Dev in them. Not a rip-off in any way but feels obviously inspired, then I found out they've actually put out a Supercrush cover. I would link but I'm at work so can't go on YouTube :(

Link in question.

yeah they said it was a cover
#315998 by MrDishington
Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 am
debs wrote:
Garrie wrote:

Link in question.

yeah they said it was a cover

Ah yeah, I wasn't saying it was a rip-off I'm just saying even without I think you can hear Devy's influence in their stuff. They're such a great band, looking forward to hearing more from them.
#316335 by crossover
Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:46 pm
Not ripoffs but im hearing a lot of band that are clearly influenced by some of devins stuff incl the omega experiment and imminent sonic destruction (see the first track of thier album)

*edit looks like someone beat me to the punch wiht TOE their recent album is a Ziltoid worship album with a heavy dose of Accelerated
#316860 by katzenjammer
Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 am
When you say "TOE" what band are you referring too that is has lots of Ziltoid worship with Accelerated Evo. I would be interested in hearing that..

Thanks!
#316861 by swervedriver
Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 am
katzenjammer wrote:When you say "TOE" what band are you referring too that is has lots of Ziltoid worship with Accelerated Evo. I would be interested in hearing that..

Thanks!

TOE = The Omega Experiment

As conceived (in large part) by this forum's daneulephus.