The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#316885 by prof. wedgie
Thu May 02, 2013 6:13 am
Tomorrow! :D

Can't wait for this, been wanting to see Meshuggah for years, and Dev is always great . Hoping for a few older tracks to make a showing, had a look at the Glasgow set and was very Epicloud heavy
#316891 by JSan
Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 am
o2's website has it as 6:00 door times with Periphery at half past, Meshuggah 7:30 and devy 9:30... Sounds about right
#316916 by Peasy
Sat May 04, 2013 6:55 am
Epic!

Loads of people bitching about the sound on Facebook. I thought it was fine :)

Need to win me some golden gods tickets and get me one of thos hockey shirts!!
#316917 by PUNCHLINE
Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 am
Peasy wrote:
Loads of people bitching about the sound on Facebook. I thought it was fine :)

Got to be honest, Ive seen Dev loads of times over the years and every time the sound was crap to be honest! I guess that "wall of sound" production just can`t translate clearly over crappy venue PAs.
#316918 by prof. wedgie
Sat May 04, 2013 8:49 am
I've seen Dev a fair bit too, and the sound really was the worst I've heard it, for at least half the set anyways. Could barely make out any of Anneke's vocals and even Dev talking between songs sounded fuzzy. Was a bit of a shame as the performance was fantastic as usual. I was up in the seats so maybe it was better on the floor?
#316920 by JSan
Sat May 04, 2013 4:48 pm
Yeah, twas epic but unsure about the sound. At the Roundhouse I thought Devy sounded good, but the sound yesterday reminded me of when I saw Periphery supporting Dream Theater. Messy and kinda flat.. wonder if it has much to do with everyone using an Axe Fx, but was still good. Deadhead and ZTO/By Your Command.. ^^
#316922 by PUNCHLINE
Sat May 04, 2013 5:11 pm
Was bad on the floor near the desk, could barely hear Dev talk in between songs, though people nearer the front seemed to respond when he spoke so it obviously wasnt bad everywhere in the venue. Not sure why, its the first concert Ive been to at Brixton Academy where the sound was poor.
#316933 by Lettuce
Sun May 05, 2013 9:03 am
They were using a new sound engineer instead of Paul so it may have been due to that. Brixton is a very difficult venue to get the sound right in. I've been going to gigs there for like, 12 years; bands like Down and SOAD I've left disappointed due to bad sound. Maybe this new guy had not done Brixton before...
#316945 by hd2012
Mon May 06, 2013 4:43 am
Yeah i thought the sound could have been better too.. the mix was okay, i just thought it was so loud it all turned to soup by the time it reached my ears!
great gig though, my voice is gone and my neck still hurts!
#316980 by FUBAR
Tue May 07, 2013 9:02 am
Every time I've been to the Brixton Academy I've been disappointed. It's a nice venue, shame the sound is always so bad.
#316992 by PUNCHLINE
Wed May 08, 2013 4:16 am
First time I went there was 1994 and its been great every time Ive been there. This was easily the loudest gig Ive ever heard there though. Most of the individual levels weren`t too bad but the overall level was just waaayy to high. Poor Anneke`s voice was swamped and Devin was indecipherable between songs.