The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#305413 by Pockets1777red
Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 am
Pre-orders are up for those outside of the Americas at InsideOut's Webstore
http://www.insideoutshop.de/
Ocean Machine comes in standard black, transparent blue, and clear vinyl. (The clear vinyl is exclusive to InsideOut's shop)
Terria comes in standard black, green and clear vinyl. (The clear vinyl is exclusive to InsideOut's shop)
Last edited by Pockets1777red on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#305897 by BayBayMan
Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 pm
I am totally going to import these. Now, are these legit? I mean, the non-UK websites. I want to buy it from there, but not before making sure it comes with the vinyls. Thanks for the information, man!! Wait! Are these coming out September 17th?
#305911 by swervedriver
Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 am
C_Lydian wrote:What's going on the second disc of OM?

Probably the 2nd half of the album. ;)
#305938 by Pockets1777red
Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:50 am
Here is official news straight from Inside Out Music http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=11762&IdCompany=8

07 August 2012
VINYLSPECIAL - SEPTEMBER IS ALL ABOUT VINYL

In the course of the PROG ROCK campagne something special will be presented in the domain of vinyl. We chose some special titles and pressed a first vinyl edition.
The following releases are on the menue:

September 17th
SYMPHONY X - "The Damnation Game"
SYMPHONY X - "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy"
SYMPHONY X - "The Odyssey"
DEVIN TOWNSEND - "Ocean Machine"
DEVIN TOWNSEND - "Terria"

September 24th
AYREON - "Universal Migrator 1"
AYREON - "Universal Migrator 2"
AYREON - "The Human Equation"
SPOCK'S BEARD - "The Light"
PAIN OF SALVATION - "The Perfect Element Part I"

All of them will be available in different colors. In each case one color is exclusively available at the InsideOut Webshop: http://www.insideoutshop.de/
#306834 by overture
Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:23 am
simbelmyne wrote:
Kaartinen wrote:Ordered both! Got Terria in clear, but couldn't resist getting the blue Ocean Machine :D

I couldn't resist getting the blue OM and the brown Terria. What's special about the clear vinyl?

There is no brown version. Clear vinyl is well... clear.

I dont know how much do you know about vinyl but vinyl colours come into play when we talk about the sound quality and durability. The black vinyl usually has the least sound problems (less clicks and pops) and doesnt wear out so fast. Clear is probably the second best option, since vinyl material is always clear to begin with, all other colours are added to it (even black, I think).

But it all depends on the quality and the purity of the materials used, since sometimes black vinyl can sound worse than coloured vinyl too.
#306836 by RobD
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:11 am
Yeah, the coloured Terria is green I think. Seems more appropriate anyway :)

I can't afford both of them just yet, thanks to Epicloud coming out the same time. Really don't know which one to go for first. They both have some of my favourite Devy songs on them. Coin flipping time!