The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#309400 by Octillus
Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 am
Lettuce wrote:That is some mad shit right there.

He had me at the Terry Gilliam influence.
#309441 by JasperNMC
Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:17 pm
Glad you guys like. It took a looooooong time to get it all sorted and I'm real happy that we ended up with John Bower doing his magic after waiting months and months on other developers who just didnt deliver what we wanted. A few more things will be added soon (info on each album in the discography, music player, background music etc) and there's still some tweaking to be done on the mobile page but we felt we had to go live already as it would be silly not to with Epicloud being just released.

If any of you feel that important things are missing, I'd love to hear it.
#309445 by Octillus
Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 pm
JasperNMC wrote: (info on each album in the discography, music player, background music etc)

Those were really my main thoughts. Now, mind you, if I had the chops or the money to fund this, I'd love the world to expand so that each individual album had some love and affection, but obviously that's kinda absurdly ambitious.

A little bit of music from each album a la the sampler that came out last year wouldn't be a bad idea.
#309447 by Jaglavak
Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 pm
Gotta say, the main page is absolutely glorious. The Dev-tubby is just priceless; love how his stomach flashes 'boobs' and 'balls' and then stuff like 'respect' and love' just seconds later :mrgreen:
#309460 by Faffy
Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 am
Uhm... so I just landed on the mobile site, even though I am on my laptop. Just thought I'd mention it. (And the loading is looping(?)) Perhaps there should be a way to enter the full site from there. :P I'm using Opera by the way... but yesterday the site displayed just fine.
#309463 by Hiddos
Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 am
Octillus wrote:
JasperNMC wrote: (info on each album in the discography, music player, background music etc)

Those were really my main thoughts. Now, mind you, if I had the chops or the money to fund this, I'd love the world to expand so that each individual album had some love and affection, but obviously that's kinda absurdly ambitious.

A little bit of music from each album a la the sampler that came out last year wouldn't be a bad idea.

Or at least list of songs included in each album, plus album covers that are not scans from the internet. The ones used for Devlab and Alien are pretty bad for example.
#309468 by JasperNMC
Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:09 am
Hiddos wrote:
Octillus wrote:

Or at least list of songs included in each album, plus album covers that are not scans from the internet. The ones used for Devlab and Alien are pretty bad for example.

First up is a discription by Devin for each album which is pretty much a little trip throughout his musical life so far. Standard details and such might be added later as well. Dev is back home from the US tour now and can hopefully spend a little more time on all this in the weeks to come but we also have to be a little careful with the amound of data we add or else the site will take ages to load for some people. And yeah I'll go out hunting for the original cover files of Alien and Devlab.
#309469 by JasperNMC
Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:11 am
Faffy wrote:Uhm... so I just landed on the mobile site, even though I am on my laptop. Just thought I'd mention it. (And the loading is looping(?)) Perhaps there should be a way to enter the full site from there. :P I'm using Opera by the way... but yesterday the site displayed just fine.

Yeah Opere is the one browser that acts up a little and we hope to have that solved by next week.
#309470 by mikejs
Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 am
Mostly working for me (and awesome), two nitpicks;

• Tour dates section is empty? (Or is for me in Firefox, anyway)
  • No way to link directly to, e.g., the news page. Or is there?
#309501 by JasperNMC
Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 am
mikejs wrote:Mostly working for me (and awesome), two nitpicks;

• Tour dates section is empty? (Or is for me in Firefox, anyway)
  • No way to link directly to, e.g., the news page. Or is there?

Have you tried to empty your cache or force refresh? It should work fine on Firefox. Only Opera seems to have issues as well as IE9 though the latter only has problems with the pictures, videos and tour dates which are all fed from a website called BandPage. We're talking to them about this now and they reckon it should be fixed by coming Wednesday.

Only one news post in there at the moment through either the menu on top or by clicking the newspaper in the middle section of the main page.