The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#314515 by debs
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:53 am
hey i ad green day to this, as they total ripped of Townsend idea he did 4 records they did 3 and then they played those 3 records on one night when Townsend did his over 4 nights. Yeah totally not copying Townsend are you green day ?
#314523 by herman
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm
Virtua Afro DJ wrote:I was listening to the Korean version of the Guilty Gear XX #Reload soundtrack and I heard something EXTREMELY familiar.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/2189/29 The download is the first link.

That was hilarious.
#314526 by Faffy
Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:01 pm
Probably just a coincidence, but the similarity here is pretty striking:
[youtube]1c3vRIKPjz0[/youtube]
I probably don't have to mention which song it is similar to.
#314529 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm
^Took me a second to make the connection there. If it is coincidence, it's likely Devin-influenced.

Virtua Afro DJ wrote:I was listening to the Korean version of the Guilty Gear XX #Reload soundtrack and I heard something EXTREMELY familiar.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/2189/29 The download is the first link.

HA! I kept waiting for the vocals to come; why couldn't they just be honest and say it's an instrumental cover? :roll:
#314542 by JuZ
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm
Faffy wrote:Probably just a coincidence, but the similarity here is pretty striking:
[youtube]1c3vRIKPjz0[/youtube]
I probably don't have to mention which song it is similar to.

That's just completely ridiculous. :shock:
#314550 by Octillus
Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm
In the case of Guilty Gear, they're known for doing that shit. Most of it's complimentary. I mean if you look at the names of the rosters of characters they're all rock and metal bands, people, etc.

Northern Kings are a lil more suspect.
#314563 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 am
Fair enough, video games I suppose have some allowance there. Look at the first two Doom soundtracks.

This guy though, he's just brazen. :P
#314578 by Lettuce
Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:06 pm
Check out this blatant ripoff-

[youtube]JeRa3RtBiIU[/youtube]
#314617 by MrDishington
Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 pm
That Guilty Gear thing is amazingly similar, not as good but still decent.

I've heard that Northern Kings song once before and completely didn't pick up on it but, yeah, now that you mention it!

And that last one... think I'm missing something :(
#314625 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm
MrDishington wrote:And that last one... think I'm missing something :(

It sounds a bit similar to Trainfire or Radial Highway, or at least that's what I'm picking up. Of course, there's quite a few that sound similar throughout rock history.
#314626 by Octillus
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:17 pm
Radial Highway literally uses lyrics from Radar Love. It's a half-cover.
#314636 by TerminX
Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am
I'd heard Radar Love before Radial Highway, but not often.

Imagine my surprise when I'm playing Radar Love on Rock Band 3 after hearing Radial Highway. (It was pretty fuckin' surprising)
#314659 by Billy Rhomboid
Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 am
debs wrote:hey i ad green day to this, as they total ripped of Townsend idea he did 4 records they did 3 and then they played those 3 records on one night when Townsend did his over 4 nights. Yeah totally not copying Townsend are you green day ?

I have always thought the similarity a little too close to comfort between Green Day and Dev. Have a listen to Dookie and Ocean Machine back to back: could be the same album, right? (apart from the covers being different).
Imagine my shock, then, when I realised Green Day released Dookie 2 years before OM was even recorded! Did Dev listen to Basketcase and rush off to write Voices in the Fan? Or, as I I prefer to believe, did that fatfaced pissant in Green Day steal Dev's nascent thoughts from the spirit ether and commit them to tape before Dev had a chance to?
I think we should be told.

While we are on the subject, I am pretty sure Opeth nicked most of Heritage from The Offspring.