The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#315382 by eteled
Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 am
The last time Dev posted on these forums. I kind of miss his long winded out of the blue updates. Twitter kind of ruined the whole connected feel for me.
#315389 by Lettuce
Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 pm
He can't really keep up with the forum anymore; he's so busy it's easier for him to stick to one platform of communication and Twitter is the best one for him.
#315610 by Liampie
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 am
I miss him too. I understand why he sticks to Twitter nowadays, but personally I don't like Twitter at all. The result is that I've got no idea what's going on with him and upcoming albums.
#315618 by Garrie
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm
I have him set up on twitter so I get a text when he tweets (want to be first to know about gigs, albums, limited ed. releases, etc!).

But due to the time-zone difference it just ends up that 90% of the time when I forget to put my phone on silent I get messages from Dev at 4am talking absolute shit or posting pictures of inane stuff!

Worth it though.
#315622 by LicoriceLain
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Garrie wrote:I have him set up on twitter so I get a text when he tweets (want to be first to know about gigs, albums, limited ed. releases, etc!).

But due to the time-zone difference it just ends up that 90% of the time when I forget to put my phone on silent I get messages from Dev at 4am talking absolute shit or posting pictures of inane stuff!

HAHA, post-industrial problems.
#315634 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 am
I don't use Twitter either, but for Dev I'll make an exception to check out his feed once in awhile, usually interesting stuff.
#315661 by Wander
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 am
Twitter is what it is. Of course can't replace the time when Devy had time to post on the forum, but I do get that it's the easiest thing to go with tweeting these days.
#315764 by JuZ
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm
eteled wrote:Not sure if he necessarily didn't have time for this forum.

I tweeted to him about it, here was his answer. https://twitter.com/Ouodo/status/299895596083449858

To be fair, in his position I would feel the same way about any such forum.
#315772 by Faffy
Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 am
Am I the only one who don't quite get what that's supposed to mean? :P

It was nice having him around here, but as long as he's on Twitter, keeping us up-to-date with essential (and trivial) happenings, it's all good.
#315775 by Mika
Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:05 am
I take it, that he no longer posts here because it doesn't have the same atmosphere it once did.
#315782 by ppinkham
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:10 pm
Artist forums are going the way of the Dodo, anyway. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are just far more convenient for most people, including the artists. This forum was special because of Devin's participation, but no one should have expected that to last. If he continues to grow in popularity, there may be a time when he'll have to stop one-on-one communications on Twitter, and maybe even stop hanging around to talk to peeps at the shows. The more people get involved, and the paradigm shifts.

I am honestly surprised this forum still exists. It has always been a neglected thing, but now without Devin's involvement it's faults are more apparent. I met some good people here, though. :guitar: