The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come

Is matter merely energy condensed to a slow vibration? Therefore making everything universal and the concept of life and death a mere pin drop in the fabric of true reality...

42%
42%
8%
8%
#53149 by Mordecai
Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:54 am
I was just browsing on the Berzerker forum and i found this:

'Luke couldn't record with Paul because he'd converted to christianity and wanted to put some distance between himself and death metal. I hadn't recorded before or proven myself in live shows, and when that's your option and Devin Townsend and the Strapping guys say they'll record and perform your album for you...who would you go for?'

The bass player from 'The Berzerker' said that.

What the fuck is he talking about?

Normally i would try and find this out for myself before posting on a forum, but i have so much fucking physics homework!!

ARRGGH!

PS. Once this question is answered feel free to continue discussing the poll, thats some deep shit yo!

#53158 by whileheavenwept
Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:01 am
Sounds very similar to one of Bill Hicks quotes.

#53162 by Mordecai
Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:27 am
I don't even know who that is!

#53163 by oneeyedshepherd
Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:53 am
im 99% sure thats bill hicks, i can't be bothered to listen to the cd's to find out for definate tho :roll:

#53171 by MazTurnation
Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:00 pm
The Berzerker (Luke Kenny) was due to record the debut album in Canada with Jed & Byron - whom he'd met after a live SYL show in Melbourne.
Devin was lined up to produce the album as well, and all was going well whilst Luke was staying at Chris 'Zimmer's Hole' Valagao's place in the build-up to getting started.

It then emerged that wires had been crossed somewhere as Luke thought that the guys would be doing it for free as a friendly 'you scratch my back i'll scratch yours' kind of thing, only for Dev to want to pull money out of the production budget to pay the guys.

Basically all the comradery apparently disintegrated after that point, and Kenny went home to Australia and had to make and produce the album on his own ramshackle recording studio with very little money, as not just the cost of him going to Canada had eaten into it, but he also had to buy all the equipment he needed and Earache wouldn't give him any more money.

For a more insightful (ie closer to the truth) interpretation, watch the 'Making Of Self-titled' documentary on The Berzerker's 'Principles And Practices Of...' DVD that came out this year ;)

I think there's a post in the SYL area of this site pertaining to why what happened happened.

I presume it ended peacefully though, as SYL ended up touring with The Berzerker a couple of years later (the US tour with Nile, Napalm Death & Dark Tranquillity)

#53186 by Coma Divine
Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:42 pm
Is matter merely energy condensed to a slow vibration? Therefore making everything universal and the concept of life and death a mere pin drop in the fabric of true reality...
The first part of the question is reminiscent of Bill Hicks' "positive drug story".

There was doubtless a time in the very early Universe whn matter and energy were indivisible, and the Laws Of Physics incomparable to those which sit before us in this particular "era". I would say that "matter as energy condensed" is about as accurate a picture that can be drawn without an absofuckinglootely HUGE blackboard, and a lot of time and headaches.

Everything IS universal, as all that you see is either matter or energy or the result of interaction between these, be it here or in some unseen Galaxy far across the Cosmos. Things get a little weird around intense gravitational sources such as singularities or neutron stars, but for all intents and purposes - this is what the Universe is. The size and scope and evolutionary timescales invoved in Cosmology mean that the life and death of a single person or billions are so tiny as to be inconsequential.

So, yes.

Now GET BACK TO YOUR HOMEWORK!! :wink:

#53199 by Kristopher
Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:00 am
inconsequential cosmetically, but every life and death throws a switch veering the path an unseen distance down the track.

#61529 by Mr_Chimp
Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:30 pm
Hey guys, im a hoooooooge brzerker fan. If anyone has seen the DVD "principals and practices of the berzerker" there is a 30min section on the origional recording of "self titled" which features dev, and mostly val.

The origional record was gnna be recorded by devin, and featured byron on bass, jed on guitar, val on vox and im not sure about a drummer. But it all fell through. :( what an awsome album that would have been.

This is the way its was explained in the DVD, if something is wrong please dont shout at me.