The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#193205 by ruin
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm
I'm sure it's been done before but I couldn't find the thread.

The Ki spoiler thread got me thinking about people not buying Dev's shit, and it annoyed the hell out of me because if anyone deserves to get compensated for their music it's Dev. So here's a way to both show Dev we appreciate his music and support him and show others your kickass Devy collections!

Bigger version here for you weirdos who want more detail: http://home.exetel.com.au/strappingyounglad/devmerch.jpg

Reasons for doubling up before anyone asked - I bought Terria twice to get the bonus tracks. Same deal with Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing. There's two copies of Alien because I had one pre-ordered and then somehow won a competition and got the CD again as well as a wallet (not pictured, remembered about it after I'd already cleaned up the loungeroom floor!) and poster. Although I did buy both copies of the Alien vinyl, and I've never listened to them because I'm too lazy to get my record player fixed, but I will one day. Oh and the two Ziltoid shirts because I didn't realise how goddam big the large was going to be. Speaking of too large - can you get the dress shirts anywhere anymore? I wear a medium and for some reason bought SYL+Infinity dress shirts that could fit Gene, I must have been drunk when I made that order.

So have at it, I'm sure there's others out there with bigger more awesome collections! 8)
#193234 by Aden
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm
Wow, after posting a collection like that you really think anyone will want to post theirs? :P

I haven't got much:

Ziltoid Digipak
Terria
Synchestra Digipak
Ocean Machine: Biomech
City
The New Black
Accelerated Evolution Digipak
Chaos Years (with DVD)
Terria T-shirt
SYL Tree T-shirt

...and Ki, on the way (first autographed)

Im still very far behind most people, but im getting there. Shouldn't be too long...

After my birthday (April 24th)... i estimate that i'll have £1700 (wooooo) (thats not from rich family or anything, its on top of the £700 i have now, plus i get this weird £900 Thomas Eggar fund thing when i turn 18 (i'd explain why but it doesn't really matter does it?))

So i plan on buying many-a-things :D :D :D

PS - i really hated stating "how rich i'll be"... cus i know there are a couple of people here who feel like they need money at the moment. Im not rich at all. My family is pretty poor. I just get EMA (Education Maintainence Allowance) and am a good saver... plus this fund thing i'll get is really lucky. So sorry if i pissed anyone off, i don't mean to seem like im "flashing my cash" :D
#193258 by AppleQueso
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:42 pm
damn, and here I am with just City, Alien, Ziltoid, and SYL. I need more money, I'd love a
Dev collection like that.

If it's anything though, a couple of years ago I got my friend a Strapping Young Lad shirt as a birthday present, the guy was the one who introduced me to the band. I wanted to keep the shirt for myself haha.
#193271 by ruin
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:16 pm
Aden wrote:Wow, after posting a collection like that you really think anyone will want to post theirs? :P
I hope so, I didn't intend this to be a dick-waving contest - just a friendly thread where we can see each others Devy-related merch and Dev can see how much his real fans will support him and his music.
#193273 by Synthetic_Urination
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 pm
My collection of Dev's stuff went up in a car fire... Tragic.... I really miss them. I haven't been able to get the funding up to rebuy them all (yay for money for dev, me in debt lol) but I did have many albums. Until I have bragging rites I'll stfu =)
#193277 by Aden
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm
Wow, really?

Thats pretty shit. Unlucky man!

I've been annoyed enough that ive lost my "Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame" CD. I've just got them empty case + booklet.

But that... loosing all your Dev stuff... dayum
#193279 by Synthetic_Urination
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 pm
Aden wrote:Wow, really?

Thats pretty shit. Unlucky man!

I've been annoyed enough that ive lost my "Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame" CD. I've just got them empty case + booklet.

But that... loosing all your Dev stuff... dayum

On top of that my mother threw away all my jewel casings and bookletts (every single one) after she kicked me out, long story, but she told me "you told me I could" which I would never do....

Anyone have a copy of Devlab, with the booklett?

@!

#193284 by Miek
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 pm
Haha I'll post my pics when i get home. I still have my "All In The Family" European tour poster signed by Dev, and my "Flooded Basement" signed cds. I see someone still has an original "City" shirt, still got one of those too!

Oh random Dev merch, still got so much. Too much.

Edit! Aaaand all those damn Christmas cards! Four of em total!
#193286 by ruin
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 pm
Miek wrote:Edit! Aaaand all those damn Christmas cards! Four of em total!
Oh man I always like the extra effort when you get an order from hevydevy and it has the personalised "Thanks Simon! :D" written on the newsletter. But somehow they always get caught up in a pile of bills or something and I end up throwing them away :(

I've got a SYL poster with the chicken feather on it signed too, I'll have to get it framed soon and post some pics!
#193322 by The Dev
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 pm
Man guys, I had no idea...

The inside of ones head is an isolated place...

What can I say...?

I will make you some great stuff this year.

Listen however you can or want to.

Still humbled,

dev