Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#316314 by Blood Music
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:17 pm
Thanks a lot for the kind words!

Now, everyone is asking about the time it will go live. This is one of the last parts to figure out.

There is still roughly 2 weeks until it goes live. Will work it out shortly!
#316406 by Blood Music
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:46 am

Individual copies

We will have a limited run of 100 copies *only* of each of Strapping Young Lad's albums on white vinyl and 100 copies *only* of each album on black vinyl. There will be no bonuses, including no bonus LP, and no 7".

"The Complete Works" Box

2-part, side-entry, hard case, custom-cut boxes.

Mock-up and NOT to actual scale. Only for visual reference.

Strapping Young Lad: The Book

The book contains liner notes, written in full by Devin Townsend himself. The notes catalog the entire history of the band and break down each album's creation from the leader's own perspective.

We were also plied with hundreds of photos from master Jed Simon, featuring many beautiful and unpublished images from SYL's main live photographer, as well as from "The New Black" photo sessions and photos from Gene Hoglan ''Official Page'''s sister, Jed himself, and other fans and friends. We hand-selected the ~75 best photographs and interspersed them carefully throughout.

Strapping Young Lad "Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing" LP

All configurations of this album will be pressed on 200-gram heavyweight/audiophile-quality/virgin vinyl, as well as on 350gsm heavyweight-board gatefold jackets.

Upper left + center panel: Gatefold Jacket exterior
Lower left + center panel: Gatefold Jacket interior
Upper right + Lower right panel: Printed Inner Sleeve

The gatefold exterior features the cover artwork as previously posted, with the reverse showcasing the SYL text logo created in similar style to the new SYL graphic logo.

The gatefold interior features photos from the album's original release with background textures from the original album cover.

The inner sleeve features the original album artwork on one side and cartoon graphics from the original release, as well as lyrics and credits from the original album and the new vinyl release.

Strapping Young Lad "City" LP

All configurations of this album will be pressed on 200-gram heavyweight/audiophile-quality/virgin vinyl, as well as on 350gsm heavyweight-board gatefold jackets.

The gatefold exterior features the cover artwork as previously posted, with the reverse showcasing the SYL text logo created in similar style to the new SYL graphic logo.

The gatefold interior features photos from the album's original release, as well as the Japanese-style SYL logo.

The inner sleeve features the original album artwork on one side. The other side features a photo from the original release, as well as lyrics and credits from the original album and the new vinyl release.
Last edited by Blood Music on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#316414 by sylkicks
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 pm
URRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH you're torturing me! Anyone want to fund the "Sean Campaign to Get the SYL Boxset he Can't Afford?"

But seriously, looks flippin' sweet.
#316423 by swervedriver
Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm
It's a shame I have little use for vinyl, because I'm very interested in the accompanying book...
#316424 by Octillus
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:25 pm
swervedriver wrote:It's a shame I have little use for vinyl, because I'm very interested in the accompanying book...

This is where I'm at.
#316445 by LeperMessiah1170
Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 am
Then, please, do not decide to purchase one. I'm currently busting my ass trying to get together enough cashamazule to get me one of these.
#316464 by Erik
Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 am
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous!
I'll be going for the die-hard edition, even though the splatter version looks even better. But I want the most valuable and well, die-hard edition so I'll pick up the transparant vinyl.
Really looking forward to this set, and of course it's awesome to have The Dev himself write new liner notes as well. I wonder how he looks back at the whole SYL era, as it is a 'closed book' for him.
#316487 by Blood Music
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:06 am
Erik wrote:Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous!
I'll be going for the die-hard edition, even though the splatter version looks even better. But I want the most valuable and well, die-hard edition so I'll pick up the transparant vinyl.
Really looking forward to this set, and of course it's awesome to have The Dev himself write new liner notes as well. I wonder how he looks back at the whole SYL era, as it is a 'closed book' for him.

Really glad you guys are liking :)

I should state now up-front that we discovered with further communication that the liner notes were pulled together from Dev's ideas over the years and may look similar to what's been seen before (because his thoughts have had time to germinate for a while now). He has written a new foreword to tie everything together, and the liner notes have been professionally-edited.

We figure that Dev's super hardcore fans will be able to notice this, so we don't want any surprises. But they are for the first time professionally-printed and bound, and in conjunction with the myriad of photos and the whole package, the book is looking to be something really superb.
#316491 by Blood Music
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 am

Strapping Young Lad "SYL" LP

Strapping Young Lad "Alien" LP

2 Left panels: Gatefold Jacket
2 Right panels: Printed Inner Sleeves

Strapping Young Lad "The New Black" LP

Strapping Young Lad "The Book" -- a look inside

The book will be cut to the shape of an LP gatefold (approximately 12" x 12"). Shown here are 4 sample pages from the interior.

The text is a professionally-edited culmination of Devin's thoughts over the years about each period in SYL's career (categorized by album). For you super fans, the meat of the text could look familiar, but it's because these are Devin's definitive thoughts which've been built over long periods of reflection. Included with the text is a brand-new foreword with Devin's final thoughts on the band, his life, and this entire retrospective.

Also included are approximately 75 stellar and private images, supplied by Jed Simon -- most of them never seen before. The photos have been taken by the band's main live photographer - Axel Jusseit - as well as "The New Black" photographer - Omer Cordell - and a handful of others, including Jed himself, Gene Hoglan's sister, SYL roadies, and fans.
#316546 by Erik
Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:07 am
Yes!!! Just ordered the Die-hard set!! :chain:

I wonder if I was the first to complete the order? Just curious :P
Good luck to all peeps ordering this behemoth of a set :guitar:
#316549 by Kaartinen
Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am
Oh yeah!!! I'm also Dying so Hard!