Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#316640 by MrDishington
Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:25 pm
Bit odd but DTP covered an SYL track:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/drama/devin-townsend-performed-a-strapping-young-lad-song-live-immediately-regretted-it

I wonder what the crowd were thinking when that happened. Not surprised he felt bad afterwards after everything he's said but must have been a real treat for some people to unexpectedly see such a rare thing.

By the way, just posting this to share it really. Not clinging on to any idea of ever seeing a Strapping reunion.
#316641 by Faffy
Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 pm
I kind of wish people wouldn't make such a fuzz about it. Then, perhaps, they might play a SYL tune from time to time... or not, I dunno.
#316683 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:25 pm
You can see the video (and some discussion) here:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=11201&start=90

Dev has got to the point he can do whatever he wants, I believe, even if that means freaking out over it. The crowd seemed happy, though.
#322631 by Hotwheelz
Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 pm
Just to hear the fans screaming with joy and singing along made me proud to be a part of the current generation of humans.
#323586 by Kleo
Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:11 am
It is a tough call. I get that it sucks a large chunk of those into SYL never saw the material performed live. However even the gigs where James McDonough subbed for Byron felt wrong.