Face your chaos, know who you are!
#192175 by OceanMachine15
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:06 pm
I forgot all about that! lol

I don;t even have a membership there. Usually, I just have my tabs stockpiled on sheets of print paper in my closet. :P
#192181 by soundsofentropy
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:14 pm
OceanMachine15 wrote:I have made these tabs and can give them to those who want

Om
Life
Tiny Tears

I'd like those, if they include solos (etc.) and are all done/correct. Basically, I want the runs from "Om," the sweep from "Life," and the solo from "Tiny Tears," I guess.
#192182 by OceanMachine15
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:16 pm
soundsofentropy wrote:

Om
Life
Tiny Tears

I'd like those, if they include solos (etc.) and are all done/correct. Basically, I want the runs from "Om," the sweep from "Life," and the solo from "Tiny Tears," I guess.

I got em. It's late. PM me that you want them so I don't forget and I'll send em to you in the next day or two. It sucks transcribing them from paper to internet. Long and boring procedure.
#192185 by soundsofentropy
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:20 pm
OceanMachine15 wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:

Om
Life
Tiny Tears

I got em. It's late. PM me that you want them so I don't forget and I'll send em to you in the next day or two. It sucks transcribing them from paper to internet. Long and boring procedure.

You don't have guitar pro (or even power tab)? Tabbing is quite a bit easier with them, and PTE is free.
#192186 by AccEvolution
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 pm
Got the album earlier - It's exactly what I needed. I feel I've become desensitized to the heavy thundering of heavy metuhlz here recently, thus it has grown stale. It's only a phase, I'm sure, but for such a phase I couldn't ask for a better album to listen to.

Took an long drive today to listen to the whole thing , it's such good contemplative music. The heavy parts remained interesting to me, because of how they sound so unlike any other 'heavy' music.

Good job, kudos, thumbs up, and props to you Dev.
#192188 by ryanlkab
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 pm
Hey, you loyal fans that plan on buying this masterpiece, which you should. we wouldn't be having this awsome 4 cd year if no one was buying his records, we want him to keep creating heavenly music right? well you can pre-order Ki from amazon. PLEASE buy this

http://www.amazon.com/s/?&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=devin+townsend+ki
#192189 by OceanMachine15
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:03 pm
ryanlkab wrote:Hey, you loyal fans that plan on buying this masterpiece, which you should. we wouldn't be having this awsome 4 cd year if no one was buying his records, we want him to keep creating heavenly music right? well you can pre-order Ki from amazon. PLEASE buy this

http://www.amazon.com/s/?&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=devin+townsend+ki

Will not preorder from Amazon. They have a notorious reputation for sending the cds either broken or not sending them at all when they're preordered. I will buy it in the store on release day.
#192190 by Lawrence
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:19 pm
On further listening to Ki i feel that it isnt as chilled as i thought it was and it is actually quite heavy but in a diffrent way from usual. Devin sounds very angry in some of those tracks.!!!
#192191 by ScottMcTony
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:33 pm
It's very thematically heavy. And it forces me to pay attention to it and blows my mind. I could not safely drive to this, I would stop and close my eyes at the bawwww part of Trainfire, the crescendo in Ki, and the end of Heaven Send. Also, it's not a very happy album, it's by far the most depressing thing I have heard from Devin.
#192194 by Torbjørn
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:26 am
The Dev wrote:Hey guys!

Feel free to download it and check it out. You may not like it, and thats good to know! If you do, who knows? Maybe buy it? or not...If you want me to tour, it has to sell so...your call.

If you listen to it expecting it to blow you away, it won't. Just let it play in the background for a while.

I'd rather be disliked for being honest than worshipped for writing things with the intention of being some sort of god.

I aint a god,I'm not an alien, I'm just a dude.

Back from the promo tour, people generally think the album is boring, and people who get high and listen think it's very dull.

I listened to it the other night again, and now have a hard time listening to the back catalog. It's different yeah, and theres going to be a lot of 'worshippers' who give up. I truly love it...and not because i'm in awe of it.

enjoy...who knows, in a couple of months (if it lasts for you that long) you may hear it differently.

Reviews are gonna be harsh, hang on!

I don't care what the reviews say.

It's a great album and I'm really glad you did it. It raises my respect for you as a musician even more so than I already had. I actually have been waiting for you to make something like this. It's good chill music. It's composed, and not written, if you know what I mean...

Would it be okay for me to post my favorite song here?

EDIT: I mean post the NAME of my favorite song.
Last edited by Torbjørn on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#192199 by IX10N
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:56 am
I'm loving this... The strangest thing I'm finding, after only 2 (and a half) listens is how familiar it sounds - which is weird, because it's nothing at all like anything I've listened to. It just feels comfortable and unimposing (but not relaxing)

My second run at listening to Ki was in my car - didn't work. First of all, my speakers are shitty, second of all, it seems to settle with me A LOT better when there are no distractions (DISTRACTIOOOOOOOONS :P ). The album gives me a lot to think about. It's no coincidence that the end of Ki sounded the most pleasant on my shitty speakers with the road noise and the annoying drivers in front of me - undeniably awesome.

Third listen through - Coast's vocals relax me more than almost any other song ever... a lot, it's probably the song I was most needing on the album.
My only complaint so far is in regards to the distortion on the vocals in Disruptr, just before the song starts to brood towards the end... It's a crime to do that to Devins vocals.
I'm noticing that the album's angrier than I remembered from my first listen, from the end of coast up until Terminal.

I'm liking it - although I'm VERY scared about the next album, with how much Devin has been talking about Nickleback (please tell me it's a joke, or you specifically like the production?)
#192200 by simbelmyne
Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 am
all the previous posts say what i feel about the record, but to sum it up:

- the right record at the right time, as i'm into silent music nowadays (David Sylvian, Ulver, Fennesz, Sakamoto...)
- the record i've been waiting for since the rumors of an acoustic album years ago, but i couldn't imagine it THAT good
- the perfect mix of dev's abilities summed up (dev solo, DTB, the ambient and the ambient heavy stuff...), and music brought into new dimensions
- references to old records - i hear the Planet Smasher somewhere, Ass sordid stuff, Infinity (Soul Driven) in the beginning of Ki
#192201 by Nathan_lol
Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 am
Well I've listened to it a few times now, and I'm not sure what to think. Parts of it seem to really drag on, while other parts are jaw dropingly amazing and make me wanna just give up with music, for I will never reach that level of awesome. I'm loving the clean guitar, and I think Devin's voice is in the best shape it's ever been in! But just certain parts like "Ain't Never Gonna Win" are just kinda boring and un-necessary, and this is a LONG album! I dunno I'm rambling, I think it's sweet that Devin made this record to please himself and not to make assholes like me happy. I'm sure I'll like it more as time goes on.
#192203 by islandsinthesky
Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:31 am
The Dev wrote:Her name is Che Dorval

Shes my favorite female vocalist I've worked with yet, she's strong.

Different strokes...

Wow. Now I feel bad for that Katy Perry quip earlier. It says Che wrote "I kissed A Girl".

She's pretty incredible.