Face your chaos, know who you are!
#191769 by di_fowler
Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:34 am
HDR should definitely do what Trent Reznor is doing with NIN releases. Devin Townsend is one of those fellas whose fans would pay for his stuff. You know, 5 dollars for a direct download, 15 for the album in its physical form AND the download or 100 for a signed copy with some dirty pictures. Or something.

I'm acquiring it the noo, but I'll be buying it.
#191771 by FUBAR
Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:53 am
Ah this is exciting, Im not even going to download the album but I can't stop reading the comments in this thread....c'mon Dev get the pre-order going! :D
#191772 by ScottMcTony
Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:56 am
It's amazing... for months I think "Based on this teaser this will be the best album ever", secretly being scared shitless that the full songs would be repetative and it would dissapoint or something, then it turns out that the teaster pretty much had the worst parts of every song, and the full thing is pretty much... what is it? I'm not just being cheesy here, I've never called anything beyond words, but this, well, I can't think of any right now.
Heaven Send is my favourite song ever and contains my favourite solo ever. The Coast is second and one of my favourite riffs. Ki itself has the best thirty seconds in the history of music. I have decided this is a greater contribution to human history than the discovery of fire.

And this isn't just about the most recent thing from my favourite musician, I have not previously gotten like this on my first listen of anything else. Well, second by now, I may loop this all night and not sleep.
#191773 by UncleCthulhu
Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:01 am
I'm very, very impressed with Ki.

Musically, very different and even though it sounds weird saying it it feels very mature. Production-wise, very clear and clean, I was worried after Ziltoid that Ki would sound similar but the samples proved me wrong and the full album has amazed me.

This has just got me looking forward to the next 3 even more, curses!
#191774 by Fnargl
Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:05 am
Coast sounds like a James Bond opening song.

I feel bad for downloading it, but I'm definately buying it. Any word on ordering yet?
#191775 by ScottMcTony
Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:10 am
Is it just me or does most of this not sound like any established genre? I don't want to call any of it rock, nothing but Ain't Never Gonna Win jazz, and only small parts of songs and Distruptr metal. We have to come up with a name for the genre parts like Coast fall into.
Also, the "female" vocals in Heaven Send sound suspiciously similar to Devins in vocal inflection.. hmm.
#191779 by sheps999
Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:39 am
NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA

I'm going to wait, like a good Devin fanboy.

And Ki sounds like it deserves to be listened to at CD quality, not some low-quality rip.
#191781 by frequency-lsd
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:12 am
Ill wait for the album to come out, receiving the album in the mail and reading the lyrics when you hear the music for the first time is well worth the wait for me!
#191787 by Naffis-kun
Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:10 am
Is the song "Learning Gato" (which was a video on Devster's Youtube channel) going to be on the album?
#191789 by EatYourBeets86
Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:15 am
God.... Damn it. I wish I hadn't opened this thread. 6 torturing weeks ahead of not downloading it, knowing too well that it's out there RIGHT NOW, and I could ruin the surprise and listen to it NOW. :|
#191805 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:30 am
I couldn't stop myself :sad: But I will buy it the moment it comes out. I love touchable things.

I am in love with Gato.