Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#324053 by swervedriver
Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:44 pm
First of the dates in the UK of this tour (heh, kingdom...). Did you the Devin Townsend Project at the O2 Academy in Bristol?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!
#324158 by jonathanhoey
Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 am
My girlfriend and I were at this. We don't live anywhere near Bristol but we drove across from Kent and got a room at a hotel within walking distance of the venue.

We've both seen the DTP a lot of times but this was the first time we had VIP tickets (although we'd been backstage at a show in Leamington Spa last summer when I had a drum lesson from RVP).

The VIPs were brought into the venue before the show by Paul the tour manager, who dished out the VIP perks. We each received:

VIP laminate
Navy blue T-shirt with "FETID HUMAN VIP" and a picture of Ziltoid
A1-sized "Chaos In The Skies" tour poster
A4-sized setlist signed by all five members of the band

Once all of those had been distributed, the band themselves came out to do the meet and greet. They were all tired after over a month on the road, and Devin was suffering badly from the flu, but they were friendly and happy to chat and sign stuff. We got them all to sign a poster, as well as the band picture on the inside of the Z2 CD inlay. We had brought a bunch of other stuff but we decided it would be a bit rude to ask them to sign more than a couple of things.

The show itself was great. Shining were as good as ever. Periphery aren't quite my thing but they do what they do very well, and the DTP were excellent. Devin's voice was not in its best form because of the flu but he did very well in spite of it.

Unfortunately we couldn't see much during the DTP's set - we were upstairs in the balcony area and unless you're right at the front leaning on the railings, you can't really see the stage. There are suspended video screens, presumably for this exact reason, but they were turned off. So for the most part all I could really see was RVP, since his kit was on a riser. I'm a drummer so I was happy enough watching him! We did manage to get a bit of a better view towards the end.

All in all it was a very good experience and I'm glad we've done the VIP thing once (it was nice to meet Devin, shake his hand and get a picture etc).

Setlist:

Truth
Deathray
Namaste
Night
Storm
Hyperdrive!
Rejoice
Addicted!
March of the Poozers
A New Reign
Lucky Animals (with Jørgen Munkeby of Shining on saxophone)
Life
Christeen

Encore:
Ih-Ah! (Devin solo)
Kingdom (full band)