Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#279314 by WarmSilence
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 am
He's simply created too much in terms of quality music to accurately have myself personally call any of his albums my favorite. Amongst my favorites, however, Deconstruction certainly belongs. Depending on my mood, Terria, Infinity, City, Alien, Ki and Ghost also belong. In terms of his DTP albums, I think Ghost is the best of the bunch, but it really comes down to nit-picking personally.
#280162 by fullgore
Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:56 pm
it's been since alien that i last had my mind blown by a dev album. it needs a little longer, but i think that maybe yeah it could be.
#280163 by bugas
Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:10 am
any one realize the end of "processional demo" is the end of the mighty mastorbator?
#280185 by Octillus
Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 am
Yep. Most of these connections have been found and actually there's a few threads about the links anyway, but it's always fun to keep finding the new little easter eggs. :)
#281267 by Octillus
Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Considering how much shit that comes out that people consume passively and move along... as long as it's not the sick new Morbid Angel album, chances are if it sparks this much of a response, it's doing something right.

All I can think of while reading this review was a condescending hipster outlook.

Well written, but couldn't disagree more.
#281293 by JuZ
Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:46 am
I stopped reading after the first paragraph, as the reviewer did nothing but waffle on about their expectations of a new SYL-esque album.

Get the fuck over SYL Mr Campbell. SYL did. If you're looking for City, it's that black, brooding masterpiece sitting in the corner, ready to rip your face off with its magnificent metallic talons.

This is an altogether different beast, and a much more cerebral one. City was instinct, savagery and anger. Looking for anything even LIKE this in Decon is a waste of time.

Like all of Devin's best work it sounds like nothing else before it and won't be fully appreciated by any of us for a good while yet.

/rant
#281704 by fullgore
Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:53 pm
I will never understand those that can't get over SYL. They released five solid albums for our listening pleasure. Isn't that enough?
#281794 by Tall-Latte
Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 am
fragility wrote: As far as I’m concerned, trying to rank Devin’s albums is pretty much impossible, and given that they all do something different, there’s no real point.

got it in one. i think as Decon does, its a nod back to his more brutal days... but then Ghost is by far the most beautiful thing ive heard for a long long time. it all depends on my mood, and what i wanna hear from him on a particular day...
#281810 by The Dev
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:36 am
...just wait till you hear what happens next, I've not even gotten started yet.

Thank you though, for everything.
#281819 by sylkicks
Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:46 am
I, for one, am excited as all hell sir.

I personally find it incredibly hard to pick a favorite Dev album, from DT to DTB to SYL to DTP. Each one is so based on a mood that depending on what mood I'm in I will pick a different album. Like today I'd probably say Ghost, Ocean Machine, or Accelerated Evolution. But ask me tomorrow and I might say Deconstruction or Alien. And I think that's the magic of Dev, no matter what mood I'm in there's a DT record to listen to.

As for that review, dude is totally missing the point. If you look at it through his framework then yeah, it's not good. And I couldn't disagree more with the post-City SYL opinions.
#281822 by fullgore
Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 am
I don't think anything Dev does can top Infinity. This is #2 tied with Ocean Machine and City in my opinion.
#281828 by BenPuritanSlain
Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:34 pm
I'm definitely caught up in 'new album love' at the moment, however to me, as it stands I just love Synchestra as an overall album... but as others have said, it is pretty tricky to pick an absolute favourite from the whole back catalogue...