The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#264454 by metmass
Thu May 05, 2011 3:48 pm
Hey it's next month! Wow, haha, for some time I've been living with that "oh that's in June, that's a long way to go, don't think about it much" feeling. And I just realized it's May already.

Wow, my brain must be still waking up from the winter sleep.
#264532 by fritzenburg
Fri May 06, 2011 12:06 am
The rocking vibe of ocean machine
The open resonant spaces of Ki
The energy of Addicted

Something like this Dev? :D
#264545 by ctfod
Fri May 06, 2011 2:09 am
I could imagine it being like a mixture of Terria and Addicted, from the descriptions
#264610 by Nazar_Sergijovych
Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am
Devin, it's great! While the rock stars spend their off-tour time with cocaine and easy-minded sluts, you fully dedicate yourself to music! A true genius!
#264611 by Lettuce
Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 am
Truth be told, I've not met that many rock stars who do that.
#264617 by Wander
Fri May 06, 2011 10:32 am
I just can't get over how much stuff Devin can put out with it all sounding so great.
#264629 by Nazar_Sergijovych
Fri May 06, 2011 10:59 am
Lettuce wrote:Truth be told, I've not met that many rock stars who do that.

I mean rather stereotypical rock stars, than a real ones. Actually what I wanted to say is that many musicians write music only when their business papers tell them - I mean, month or two before the recording session, under the pressure from label and fans. Devin does that only because of inspiration, and I really admire it!
#264720 by Liampie
Fri May 06, 2011 4:17 pm
The Dev wrote:Really easy, epic, ethereal and romantic. Focus on chorus etc.

I literally jumped out of my chair when I read this. This sounds so fucking awesome. Even the title...

I'm serious. Unlike Deconstruction and Ghost, both not exactly what I like in music (don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to those albums a lot), this sounds like a good candidate to become another DevClassic like Ocean Machine and Terria. I love clean vocals, I love choruses (catchiness?), I love pretty much everything you described. It sounds like a lightweight Addicted. :shock:

On the one hand I'm a little ashamed that I, as a fan, needed two weeks to find out about this. On the other hand it shortens the wait by two weeks! :D
#264726 by DevinJayLeibe
Fri May 06, 2011 5:14 pm
Liampie wrote:
The Dev wrote:Really easy, epic, ethereal and romantic. Focus on chorus etc.

On the one hand I'm a little ashamed that I, as a fan, needed two weeks to find out about this. On the other hand it shortens the wait by two weeks! :D

I love that logic :O
#265229 by Marijn
Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 pm
Liampie wrote:On the one hand I'm a little ashamed that I, as a fan, needed two weeks to find out about this.

You should be... :x

Just kidding! :D

So DT is going to make some nice rawk & rawl!
#266139 by Octillus
Wed May 11, 2011 9:00 am
Velkku wrote:Hey Dev, is there even a slight chance that The Devin Townsend Band could return for Epicloud? That would be reeeeealy cool.

You mean Mike Young? The only person missing?

Sitting all alone with his bass and his mohawk.
#266417 by catharsis
Thu May 12, 2011 5:20 am
yea that makes no sense. the touring band and what made up addicted (for the most part) is devin townsend band, just w/ some role changes. and no offense to mike young, but who cares about him?