#311438 by Pockets1777red
Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 pm
devious_mischievous wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:My stream goofed up a little on "Where we Belong" :/

Mine did as well. I didn't see or hear the first verse of the song.

Same here, but that has been the only problem for me so far. :D
#311444 by LicoriceLain
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 pm
PUNCHLINE wrote:Absolutely mindblowing brilliant. First half amazing. Second half I just had a permanent boner for the entire time.

:D

I am a teeny bit bummed that nothing from Ki, Ghost or Terria made it in, but a lot of the choices he made were fantastic.
#311445 by Octillus
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm
Hrm. I really enjoyed that. That said, as well as everything that occurred was executed, I feel like it got away from him a bit.

Great show, room to grow, hey whattyaknow?
#311450 by JuZ
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm
That was a wee bit spesh, wasn't it?

Ugh, I just said "spesh".
#311455 by TerminX
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:29 pm
My thoughts below. Gonna spoiler it because I'm not sure if spoilers in this thread is cool. (I'd say it is, judging by the posts above, but I'll play on the safe side)

Spoiler: show
It kind of had a weak start. I wouldn't have chosen to start a career retrospective with the newest album, personally. Plus there was some Reddit shit in the intro that sort of soured my mood a bit.

Steve Vai being a part of it at all was a great touch. I was hoping he'd come out later on and they'd play In My Dreams With You or Pig, but having him there at all was cool.

I will never be able to listen to Babysong the same way again, hah. In fact, several songs in the set gained a new meaning with the TRC story. Annie's voice compliments these songs VERY well (Especially on Babysong and Color Your World)

Playing the Strapping stuff was crazy, I wasn't expecting that at all. I really feel sorry for you guys who spoiled it for yourselves, you missed out big time.

Wild Colonial Boy's cool as fuck, I love that song. Ending with Little Pig was cool too, especially since I don't think he'll be playing that one live much.

I'm disappointed at the total lack of Ki, Punky Bruster and Terria, and the almost-total lack of Ocean Machine. Especially Terria, I'd have thought Earth Day/Deep Peace/Mountain would've been staples for a setlist like this. I also think there was too much of Epicloud - Grace and Where We Belong were fine, but like I said earlier, I didn't care for Effervescent/True North/Lucky Animals being there.

The theatrics of the show were cool as hell. Pretty much everything related to Ziltoid was great (Except the zilt-gina. Too low brow for a sophisticated gentleman like myself I guess d:)

The stream was somewhat irritating. It cut off a couple of times, during Where We Belong and Grace. Quality was a bit too low for the price I paid, I think.

Overall: Great show, mostly good setlist. Very very impressive, but I wished I could've watched it on a better medium. Wish I could've gone to it myself.

Despite the negative points up here, I liked it a lot, lol. Definitely buying the Blu Ray.