Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#322851 by EvilPanda
Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 pm
Z2 is on Spotify now but it's the old mix! Weird.
#322857 by debs
Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:41 am
omg that was epic
#322862 by Chris87
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:54 am
EvilPanda wrote:Z2 is on Spotify now but it's the old mix! Weird.

Old mix? Sounds exactly like my CD from the tracks I have compared.

Kong89 wrote:I love the version without dialogue for Dark Matters. It actually feels like a more coherent album and you can actually hear the more subtle effects going on in the background of the songs. As much as I love the corny story and funny dialogue, I'll be listening to this version from here on out more often than not.

Didn't have the time for a full listen, but yeah, I can imagine that one being better for future listens as well. I only noticed at the beginning of War Princess that I actually liked the background guitar work, but other songs seem to have interesting music behind the dialogue as well.
#322863 by sesameseedbun
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:06 am
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:I got a kick out of this, thanks.

debs wrote:omg that was epic

Thanks, guys. It means a lot. :)

EDIT: Here's the cover I made for it.

#322865 by mikkomallikas
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:26 am

Do you have the leaked version on your computer?

If you do, that is the version that Spotify is playing. The bastard of a thing syncs everything without even asking..
#322872 by EvilPanda
Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 am
mikkomallikas wrote:

Do you have the leaked version on your computer?

If you do, that is the version that Spotify is playing. The bastard of a thing syncs everything without even asking..

Ok seems to be ok this morning.
#322880 by Teej
Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 am
Shipping update: Apparently JSR uses FedEx "SmartPost" which transfers packages to the US Postal Service for final household delivery. My Z2 is currently sitting in a warehouse about 5-10 miles from my home. Est. delivery date is still two days from today. Shipping is stupid.
#322881 by sylkicks
Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 am
Yeah, the version I'm listening to on Spotify is def the new mix. And speaking of mixes...

Man, the new mix kicks the SHIT out of the old mix. The leaked version was almost painful to listen to, everything was compressed and muddled. New version sounds stellar. That said, I do think I like Fallout with Dev on vox better. I just love Dev vocals, even if he's getting tired of them :)

In terms of shipping, ended up ordering the vinyl off Amazon to save some money on shipping and use my Amazon points but, as I should have known, they're saying it's delayed. Apparently they had it for preorder but didn't actually have any copies, and they're giving me a possible end of November shipping date O_O blows, but I guess that's what I get for going cheapo...

With all that said, I don't know how I feel about Z2 yet. I definitely like it, but I don't know where it's going to fit in with all my other Dev favorites. It's big, bombastic, and lots of choir/layered vocals, which normally I love, but for some reason this time around it's a little wearing at times. I think honestly what it might be coming down to is the place I'm in in my life right now; I'm working through the toughest couple months of my life, and I just don't feel that bombastic energy. It's kind of a bummer, because usually new Dev records seem to have this way of meshing with where I am in my life and this one definitely isn't. Like when Epicloud came out I was recently engaged and coming off the best summer of my life and it just fit perfect. Maybe it'll take waiting until I'm in a different place to fully appreciate it. CoC, on the other hand, has been my soundtrack for where I'm at for awhile, and I think it might be my favorite record Dev has put out.

TL;DR :)
#322890 by KeasbyNights
Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:43 am
Finally giving in and listening on spotify. We'll see how it gooooooesss.

Ok, wasn't sure how it would be for Fallout. I love Anneke on the song. I love Dev too, but this works well. Much better for the vibe, plus Dev is still on part of the chorus. Both worlds are satisfied for me. :mrgreen:

Edit: Just listened and read along with Rain City, and I don't connect the Bastard reference? What part is it? I feel like it's right under my nose.
#322900 by NamasteLikeBender
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:45 pm
KeasbyNights wrote:Finally giving in and listening on spotify. We'll see how it gooooooesss.

Ok, wasn't sure how it would be for Fallout. I love Anneke on the song. I love Dev too, but this works well. Much better for the vibe, plus Dev is still on part of the chorus. Both worlds are satisfied for me. :mrgreen:

Edit: Just listened and read along with Rain City, and I don't connect the Bastard reference? What part is it? I feel like it's right under my nose.

"Gone now in a field of green..." towards the end.
#322901 by KeasbyNights
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:54 pm
Ah! Yeah, that was far too subtle for me to catch on my own. Haha, I'm gonna have a go at both songs now...