Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#320428 by KeasbyNights
Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:56 pm
I've listened to all the demos a billion times now, and every time I listen to the guitar that comes in at the tail end of Before We Die, my heart wrenches when it suddenly stops. I know why it stops, but it still hurts me so. I have this vivid idea of what I think it will sound like, but I am not yet allowed to know. *sigh*
#320430 by Devnoth
Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:09 pm
Hello! Just had a couple quick questions and wanted to see if anyone else might know better than I:

1) Should our recordings for each track be in a separate ZIP file, or can all the MP3s be put together in a single ZIP?

2) On the agreement, Schedule A, there's a line which says "Example: ..." Can this safely be ignored? I don't see anywhere to write anything like what the example is.
#320432 by KeasbyNights
Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:20 pm
Devnoth wrote:Hello! Just had a couple quick questions and wanted to see if anyone else might know better than I:

1) Should our recordings for each track be in a separate ZIP file, or can all the MP3s be put together in a single ZIP?

2) On the agreement, Schedule A, there's a line which says "Example: ..." Can this safely be ignored? I don't see anywhere to write anything like what the example is.

1. I'm assuming they should all be together in one zip file; I think the main reason for that is so you don't have to upload so many files. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2. I can't help you with that, I haven't got to that point yet myself. Someone else will be along to help though. :)
#320440 by swervedriver
Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:37 am
Made a start yesterday evening. I am hardly a singer, but this is fun stuff. :)

Hope Dev uses AutoTune. :mrgreen:
#320443 by Slainte Mhath
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:06 am
Devnoth wrote:Hello! Just had a couple quick questions and wanted to see if anyone else might know better than I:

I don't think it matters, as such, but I'd guess they'd rather one ZIP file per submission.

I think it's meant to be a guide as to what to fill in for Schedule B in the "add name: " field, should it be required.

Now here's my question... is this bit right: "This Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England" when one lives in Scotland? :)

Also, there's some serious comma abuse in the legalese!
#320468 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:24 pm
Devnoth wrote:Thank you KeasbyNights and Slainte Mhath!

No problemo! And by the way, you should totally stick around on the forums, it's a lot of fun round here. Don't be a one hit wonder! :mrgreen:
#320493 by Wander
Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 pm
I really did try singing this shit tonight, but I'm left so embarrassed by my lack of talent for singing. I know that Dev says that it doesn't matter, and I know my individual voice wouldn't really be heard anyway, but it still bothers me. Wish I could even stay in the fucking key for a full minute!

Will see if I dare to upload this crap tomorrow.
#320494 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:32 pm
Wander wrote:I really did try singing this shit tonight, but I'm left so embarrassed by my lack of talent for singing. I know that Dev says that it doesn't matter, and I know my individual voice wouldn't really be heard anyway, but it still bothers me. Wish I could even stay in the fucking key for a full minute!

Will see if I dare to upload this crap tomorrow.

Well, you could always just yell/shout it out. That's an option too. :)
#320509 by swervedriver
Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:31 am
I'm by no means a singer, nor do I have a good voice (I only find myself passable at screaming, sometimes). But hey, I'm putting it together and when buried under tons of layers it even sounds... nice...?

Also, Dimension Z is a total bitch to belt out, holy shit.
#320526 by KeasbyNights
Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:56 pm
swervedriver wrote:I'm by no means a singer, nor do I have a good voice (I only find myself passable at screaming, sometimes). But hey, I'm putting it together and when buried under tons of layers it even sounds... nice...?

Also, Dimension Z is a total bitch to belt out, holy shit.

Dimension Z was my best effort. I found it was the most fun to sing a long to.
#320529 by Wander
Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:57 am
Dimension Z is fun. It's actually the the supposedly easy Z2 choir thing that I find hardest to do in a way that sounds decent.
#320532 by Slainte Mhath
Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 am
If you have a high voice, and/or are a low tenor with solid technique then I don't think Dimension Z's really that hard unless you're trying to squeeze out a performance that's an exact replica of Dev's (not recommended unless you naturally sound like that). However, since I'm an absolute classic case of a lyric-Baritone, once it goes up to Bs and above I'm into technical hell land :)

The hard thing with some of the other material is all the extended notes - holy shit does Dev have good breath and vibrato control. It's part of what makes the "ahs" for Z2 difficult to pull off convincingly (which I didn't, but hey :)). There is a high part in the Z2 "ahs" that goes up to notes that I can't usually hit without helium assistance that I didn't bother with, though!