Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#322016 by Lettuce
Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:55 am
Verdicts on Universal Flame?
#322017 by fragility
Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 pm
I generally get obsessive about not hearing a note before the album arrives, but I was naughty.

It might just be because I'm very much a whole album kind of person, but it's not really grabbed me on the first listen.
#322018 by Porkuelinn
Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:20 pm
It didnt grab me the first listen, I took a break then on the fifth or so play, I felt as if I was listening to a
#322019 by Octillus
Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:28 pm
fragility wrote:I generally get obsessive about not hearing a note before the album arrives, but I was naughty.

It might just be because I'm very much a whole album kind of person, but it's not really grabbed me on the first listen.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it at all - I dunno. Love the bombasticness, the production sounds great, but man oh man does that song feel like a grace and save our now (along with divine for my least favorite song he's ever done) that goes nowhere.

I'm sure in context it will be better, and I'm sure the rest of the album's good.

Caught a lot of flack on facebook and youtube for my opinion - it's kinda ironic, the fanbase has ballooned back up to the point where any little criticism must feel like you're being stabbed or something.
#322020 by Telescopes Are Gay
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 pm
It could be because of it being a radio rip and Dev did say there were songs given out from promos that has mixing/mastering issues.

He was right though, it does sound a bit like Bender Part 2. Which is why I kind of like it.
#322021 by KeasbyNights
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:48 pm
I'm pretty easy to please, so I've enjoyed it thus far. I think when we have a higher quality there will be more background sounds that come to life. Sounds like there's a few interesting pieces hidden back there somewhere.
#322025 by pandemic
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:00 pm
i like the general epicness of it. but it does not grab me. really hoping "dark matters" will sound nothing like that.

Z2

#322026 by Faye_Fergy
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:19 pm
I liked it, like a richer Epicloud track. Got to admit, I'm usually not a fan of the more poppy side and Epicloud took me a few listens, but this song actually really hit me. I know Epicloud was a grower, but I like having things that you can step back and say "ah, I'm not keen", it stops the blind, sycophantic bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#322027 by Porkuelinn
Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:58 pm
It seems like a track mixed into something with heavier aspects, maybe this track is just meant to lend the "groove" so to speak to Blue Sky. I can't imagine Z2 having an entire disc with this sound...but like a previous poster stated, I too am easily entertained these days and Devy is one of only a handful of musicians thats still gets me pumped for a release, so no matter what the rest of the disc holds, I'm certain I'll be bumping - G's UP
#322028 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:03 pm
It's not bad. One of those mid-album tracks that will most likely sound better while listening to the album in full. A bit poppy but I didn't find it underwhelming.
#322030 by TerminX
Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 pm
Man, I like Dev's pop stuff. This is better than a lot of Epicloud imo.

Can't wait to hear that UNIVERSAL FLAAAAAME in non-Youtube quality
#322034 by St_Clean
Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:57 pm
It's fun. Sounds like an opening for an anime... not really my style but the epicness is there and in context I'm sure it will sound completely different.
#322040 by swervedriver
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:32 am
Hope you don't mind that I put this stuff in a separate thread. :)

Haven't listened to it yet, but will find time today. I'm very curious.
#322103 by Faffy
Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm
Initial thoughts: Not crazy about it, but I have a feeling it should be heard in context. But hey, if I don't care much for it then either, no big deal. It's got a catchy beat though.