Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)

#144668 by Persuader
Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:36 pm
Myra: What songs did they play from Dead again?

#144673 by travelyan
Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:49 pm
Last band I saw live was Nevermore... and before that, it was George Michael in the late 80s. :\

Given my proximity to the stage and the size of the venue if you didn't have earplugs I'm pretty sure all you heard was KKKSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I know that the least metal thing you can say at a metal show was that it was too loud... but it was too fucking loud for me to hear anything except white noise. They were filming for a DVD. In it you may or may not hear me scream "Polka!" between each song

The end

#144751 by myra
Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:19 am
Persuader wrote:Myra: What songs did they play from Dead again?

Profits of Doom, Halloween in Heaven, and the ending part of Ode to Locksmiths.

The set the had at the beginning of the tour has These Three Things, but it got cut out (along with World Coming Down and In Praise of Bacchus).

#144790 by Persuader
Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:26 pm
Cool...Hope I'll get to see them one day.

#147688 by sj_2150
Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:19 pm
saw Vader last night. great performance, bad sound. Wasnt loud enough and all the guitars drowned each other out. still a great effort from the band though. :)

#147692 by ghaleon0075
Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:08 pm
Muse/My Chemical Romance

Muse-Really fucking good. Incredible lights and a great set list. The only thing that would have made me like it more was more songs from their first two albums.

My Chemical Romance-Kindof fun at best

#147694 by Jörgg
Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:23 pm
It was awhile ago, but I saw the God Forbid/Goatwhore/Mnemic/Arsis/Byzantine tour. I went mainly for Byzantine, and they were awesome! I talked with them before and after the show, and they're super-cool guys. I got a setllist from them (I had to do a report for class), and learned never to sign a record deal with Prosthetic Records.

I didn't really watch Arsis, but Darren Cesca is freakin' nuts. They didn't seem bad, per se, I just didn't feel like having my ears obliterated the whole night.

I went up for about 2 of Mnemic's songs, and they weren't too impressive.

Goatwhore were great, as usual. Ben Falgoust is a pretty crazy dude.

Sadly, I was a bit distracted for God forbid's set and had to leave early, so I can't really say how good they were. They didn't strike me as being very bad, though. They seemed to nail everything. But I was distracted, so I won't rely upon those observations.

dan Liliker from Brutal Truth and S.O.D. (and other bands) was there! That was pretty cool, too. Overall, it was a night well spent. 8)

#147702 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:46 am
travelyan wrote:Last band I saw live was Nevermore... and before that, it was George Michael in the late 80s. :\

Given my proximity to the stage and the size of the venue if you didn't have earplugs I'm pretty sure all you heard was KKKSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I know that the least metal thing you can say at a metal show was that it was too loud... but it was too fucking loud for me to hear anything except white noise. They were filming for a DVD. In it you may or may not hear me scream "Polka!" between each song

The end

Nevermore obviously tend to have a not so good live sound often times. At least when you are close to the stage. Did you attended the Bochum show where they recorded for their live DVD? Or was it that earlier show somewhere in the US I think?

#147742 by [brett]
Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:27 pm
Porcupine Tree - 24th April @ Bristol Carling Academy.

10/10 for everything they did. They played the whole new album plus some classics. Everything sounded perfect and true to the album which I love when bands do that.

Next up for me is The Haunted.

#147751 by Goat
Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:05 pm
I'm going to see Vaya con Dios on my birthday. I can't wait! I'm also arranging their Nah Neh Nah for my mandolin orchestra. :D This New Year's Pop Rock gig is gonna BLAST!

#147772 by Atari
Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:49 am
The Haunted, Municipal Waste and Wolf

I was busy snapping. as per usual, the headliners had the shittiest light.

#147777 by Archetype
Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:08 am
I saw Hayseed Dixie live yesterday. This was brilliant, one of the funniest gigs I've ever seen.
They played in front of a huge crowd as the headliner on the "Queensnight" festival. Our queen celebrates her birthday today (the 30th of April).

#147787 by gozu
Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 am
i saw clutch who ruled then i saw porcupine tree who ruled and then i saw 65daysofstatic who were awesome!!! and last night i saw damo suzukis network who were nuts....

#147807 by BlueRaja
Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:02 am
Duran Duran a couple years ago. LOVED IT.

2 years since a concert. Pathetic. :(

#147811 by Acrid
Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:25 am
Sunn O))) in a 800 year old church in Bergen, Norway:

Still sends chills down my spine just thinking about what I heard, saw and felt in there.