Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#326020 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:19 am
Year's almost finished, so who wants to share their favorite albums?
I didn't really get into that many this year but here's what I enjoyed most:

1. Loss - Horizonless Funeral doom at its best. More varied and progressive than their previous album but just as gloomy and atmospheric. An absolute must-have for fans of this style of music.
2. Pallbearer - Heartless Another fine example of what doom should be, albeit on the cleaner end of the spectrum. It was a joy (and to be honest, therapeutic) to see them live earlier this year, as well.
3. Kreator - Gods of Violence While I like their last album more, this one stayed in my head and kept me pumped with each listen. Also excellent live.
4. Accept - The Rise of Chaos This was just a good time from start to finish, with lyrics that resonated with me and music that kept me moving. Sadly, their show I missed (couldn't afford) but I'm sure it was great.
5. Alestorm - No Grave But The Sea I like to think of Alestorm as dependable for their sub-genre of choice and this was no exception. Amusing and addictive.
6. Enslaved - E Hypnotic, beautiful and epic, exactly what we've come to expect from Enslaved. Music that truly paints pictures in your mind.
7. Goatwhore - Vengeful Ascension Loud, nasty and thrashing, with more melody than I was expecting. There's more build-up in this one than in their previous albums, which pays off well.
8. Ne Obliviscaris - Urn Mesmerizing dark progressive and their best album yet. I only heard this within the last month and because of how impressed I was, it knocked another album off this list that was previously established.
9. Mammoth Mammoth - Mount The Mountain Another solid release from these guys, not really changing the formula of their previous releases. It's meant to be catchy and rocking, and does just that.
10. Deep Purple - Infinite More sedate than I thought it was going to be, however it still got my attention and kept me coming back for more. I can hear this as mood music.

Honorable mentions:
Robert Plant - Carry Fire
John Carpenter - Anthology
David Bowie - No Plan
#326021 by EphelDuath666
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 am
heh...I have not really checked out a lot of music in 2017 at all! I'm not even exactly sure whether or not I bought any CDs. Well, I did buy the latest Foo Fighters Album which was good. And the Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack, heh.