#326286 by Tyroshai
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm
fragility wrote:18 days to go! The next 11 days of my life are going to be VERY defining, so this is either going to be the soundtrack to another broken heart, or some serious happiness.

Best wishes to you and yours. I hope everything works out to the best possible outcome. :)
#326291 by fragility
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:22 am
Tyroshai wrote:
fragility wrote:18 days to go! The next 11 days of my life are going to be VERY defining, so this is either going to be the soundtrack to another broken heart, or some serious happiness.

Best wishes to you and yours. I hope everything works out to the best possible outcome. :)

Thanks! Still not sure which way life is going, but I am sure there’s only a week to go people!
#326305 by EphelDuath666
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:42 pm
this may depend on your timezeone but Devin just uploaded both Empath CDs on YouTube. So, in theory, you could listen to it right now. Yes, you, the handsome person with the two eyes and the nose.
#326306 by fragility
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:13 pm
Damnit, meetings until 11 and then this bad boy is going on while I work today!

EDIT:
Meetings got moved/cancelled. First listen thoughts:
I’m pleasantly surprised, I think there’s more interesting stuff going on here than we’ve had in a while. A few lyrics really resonated today to the point I’ve been in tears a couple of time’s. I can’t imagine (and never expected) that it might go into the absolute classic status of the pre DTP, and even into the first 4 DTPs, and it’s still got that Epicloud onwards thing going on, which I’m not a massive fan of, but first impressions are really positive, think this is going to get a fair bit of listening! Happy days!
#326307 by EphelDuath666
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm
haven't even listened to the bonus CD yet :lol: Well, except for 3 songs or so. The main course has kept me busy. Damn 'Why?' is soooo friggin' beautiful. Now I really can't wait for 'The Moth'. But I'm lovin the entire album. Hear Me might be the only one that I'm not 100% into yet but that's because I'm so blown away by his more mellow and more Beautiful stuff. But that doesn't mean I don't like 'Hear Me'. And i think it's one of the most extreme things he's ever written. Man...Borderlands is another one I really love.
#326308 by fragility
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:51 am
This album is SO what I need right now, summing up so many emotions.

And musically, this is the album I’ve been hoping for from Devin for a while, it’s got that sense of “wtf is this?!” that’s been missing from the last couple of albums. So much to digest.
#326309 by Victimlas
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:52 am
Empath is so amazing! Have not made it to the bonus CD yet either. That run of Why>Borderlands>Requiem and Singularity is so of my favorite music ever
#326311 by EphelDuath666
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:35 pm
Victimlas wrote:Empath is so amazing! Have not made it to the bonus CD yet either. That run of Why>Borderlands>Requiem and Singularity is so of my favorite music ever

Exactly. And when it comes to Singularity specifically....I love 'Here comes the sun'. Beautiful vocal harmonies over awesome musical song structures.