#326312 by Octillus
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:41 am
I think it’s nearly perfect - I don’t love Spirits Will Collide, but it works in context. The run from Sprite to the end of Singularity is up there with the final 3 tracks of Ocean Machine.
#326314 by Octillus
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:36 pm
fragility wrote:
Octillus wrote:I think it’s nearly perfect - I don’t love Spirits Will Collide, but it works in context. The run from Sprite to the end of Singularity is up there with the final 3 tracks of Ocean Machine.

:shock: Did you just....?!

I still have that ocean machine tattoo. I know, it’s early to say that, but it’s miles away better than anything he’s done since the original 4 DTP records, Casualties being an exception (I put that in the same rare air as well). I get a pretty strong emotional response from it, and the transition from Hear Me into Why? is on the short list of his greatest moments ever.
#326315 by fragility
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:20 pm
Octillus wrote:
fragility wrote:
Octillus wrote:I think it’s nearly perfect - I don’t love Spirits Will Collide, but it works in context. The run from Sprite to the end of Singularity is up there with the final 3 tracks of Ocean Machine.

:shock: Did you just....?!

I still have that ocean machine tattoo. I know, it’s early to say that, but it’s miles away better than anything he’s done since the original 4 DTP records, Casualties being an exception (I put that in the same rare air as well). I get a pretty strong emotional response from it, and the transition from Hear Me into Why? is on the short list of his greatest moments ever.

Totally share most of that. Apart from that moment of blasphemy :lol:
#326319 by Fjar
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 am
I absolutely love the album. The first listen through was a hell of a trip, but I've been coming back to different tracks again and again to really digest them. 'Spirits Will Collide', 'Why?' and 'Borderlands' are my standout faves at the moment. 'Genesis' is still my overall favourite, but I suspect I've been overplaying it..

Now to properly digest the second disc..!
#326320 by Liampie
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:32 am
I'm very happy with the album so far, looks like it's going to be my favourite since the original DTP quartet, everything since has been mostly good, but not great. With Empath Devin took my by surprise again, which is exactly why I fell in love with his music. I want to be surprised, show me interesting sounds and twists and turns! Sure, some of the kind of worn out DTP sound is still there, but only in a healthy dose. I find myself skipping Spirits Will Collide at times but for the rest there are no dull moments.

Genesis, Hear Me, There Be Monsters, Here Comes the Sun, it's all classic Devin at his best.

Four thumbs up out of five for now!
#326322 by Eyesore
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:30 am
I just got back from a long trip, so I don't have the album yet. =( Before I buy it, has anyone found an import version with any additional tracks besides what's on the 2CD version?
#326325 by tcantafio
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am
The two giants next to Ziltoid in the artwork, are they from a movie or another Devin album? They look so familiar, but I just can't place them. Unless of course they have to do with the new song "There be Monsters." Any responses, thoughts, opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm really loving this entire album. It's genius.
#326326 by tcantafio
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:21 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:Darn I forgot about the obligatory Japanese bonus track situation. I'd like to know that too.

Welcome back everyone :)

Is there going to be a Japanese version? I haven't seen any listings as of yet.
#326329 by EphelDuath666
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:17 pm
#23 in the UK!! And....#12 in Germany :shock: Glad Germany finally gets this guy. Aboot fuckin' time! I expect Empath to do well in Finland (as usual). :)

Also #13 in Scotland! And #21 in the Netherlands!

#10 in Australia. Well done Ozzietraliens!