Face your chaos, know who you are!
#191715 by Syd
Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 pm
It is very different from Devs earlier works. I didnt really get the need for a new name (DTP) at first, but now I think I do.

That said, its fantastic from start to finish. The tracks seem together flawlessly, impossible to pick a favourite - its one looong song for me. Quiet riot almost made me cry the first time, though.

Will be getting the actual album day one, cant wait for the rest.
Last edited by Syd on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#191717 by cheesecake
Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:13 pm
Ok, I posted this on my MySpace blog for all my friends to see (its private, so sorry, wont add you :twisted: ) so I just grabbed what a wrote and put it below:

NOTE: Like I said, its for my friends on MySpace too see, so a lot of the info you will read is useless to you :roll:

---Ok, I brag about Devin Townsend all the time but I have just found out why. Dev's latest album (1 of 4 to be released this year), Ki, was leaked onto the internet by some...I wont go there...Anyway, I downloaded it (and yes, I have saved plenty of money, I WILL buy it when it comes out) and let me tell you, I have NEVER listened to ANYTHING that is so musically creative in my ENTIRE LIFE. This man [Townsend] is ABSOLUTELY A MUSICAL GENIUS.

The album goes from quiet and sometimes Jazzy jams right through to face crushing, in-your-face Heavy Metal. The vocals go from beautiful whispers to amazing high-note singing all the way through to Death Metal growls. It has progressive elements as well, with the longest song being 8:54 [Heaven Send]. It is not completely heavy, however. Most of the album is without the Extreme Metal that The Dev is known for (which goes to show the amount of variety that he has in his music). His next of the 4 albums, Addicted, will be the next to punch you in the face with riffs, but we will have to wait for that one.

Enough said. Devin Townsend is one of the greatest musicians that that humanity will ever know and/or experience.---

P.S: Heaven Send is definantly my fave! Thanks a lot Dev!
#191727 by Amber
Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:54 pm
djskrimp wrote:Damnit all to hell. I really, REALLY didn't want this to leak yet.

Yeah same. But I shall be good! I'm gonna wait for it =D
#191729 by charlie
Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 pm
I'm just still trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm actually listening to it. Holy shit..... And I seriously mean that....fuck. My god.
#191734 by cluna_33
Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:18 pm
this is supposed to be "just an appetizer"? LOL, my mind is blown to bits, love you Dev, your tone on this album is amazing!
#191755 by islandsinthesky
Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:54 pm
This album fucking sucks.

Edit: Wait, no. That was a mislabeled Katy Perry torrent, sorry.

Edit 2: I downloaded the album and Pokemon Platinum. Guess which one I'm paying for?
#191758 by Synthetic_Urination
Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 am
Coast, 3 minutes into it... His voice hits notes in an order that reminds me of my childhood. I'm not sure who you remind me of Devin... Damn thou... You do strike great memory notes!

Gotta give it a listen when I wake up, kept myself awake to hear this....

I'm satisfied!

*hugs*!
#191762 by cheesecake
Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 am
I dunno whether or not you are reading this thread, Dev, but just in case you are, may ask what your opinion on how Ki could have possibly been leaked. Also, how does it affect you?
Yeah I'v downloaded it and heard it but I guarantee I'll pre order or just simply buy it as soon as its up for purchase. I respect you too much man. Everyone else who downloaded it should do the same.

P.S: I know this should be in a Q&A forum but I do believe that this is the only topic that we can discuss the leak on?
#191767 by Naffis-kun
Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:11 am
Lol.
When Ziltoid leaked, only a few downloaded it. Now, everyone has DLed Ki. Shame on you, people.
Internet culture sure has gotten interesting. How will artists get money for their music when people are already supposing everything digital is free?

I'm thinking of setting up my own music store but it's risky business now that p2p has been introduced to the public.