Face your chaos, know who you are!
#191809 by frog
Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:37 am
I'm really surprised to say this, but Trainfire was probably my favorite song on first listen! The chorus and the bit at the end are so awesome!

This really is a different direction for Dev. It will take some sinking in.
#191812 by dlayphoto
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:06 am
Wow. That's all there is to say.

Devin has, once again, outdone himself.
#191818 by Mojo
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 am
I am weak, I gotta have it - fantastic stuff as always...

Devs releases do seem to leak awful early for some reason

I suggest the downloaders, while waiting for the official release, treat ourselves to some Dev merch as a ways of showing our appreciation of the new album for now :)

http://new.merchnow.com/search/?q=devin+townsend
http://www.cafepress.com/hevydevyrecords
#191821 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:23 am
Insanely different. I will buy it when it comes out.
I have an idea though, which I'll make another thread for on the release date. Let's show who's lying through their teeth and who's telling the truth. When the album comes out and everyone buys it, let's see who really did by taking pics of us with the album and posting them on the board.
Why? Cause I guarantee you everyone who posts in this thread are now the "Official Black Sheep" of the HevyDevy forums.
#191824 by MiKanou
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:36 am
Coincidences are such a great thing ... I pre-ordered it yesterday afternoon on a french site, and a few hours later I heard it had leaked ...

And ... I am so weak, I downloaded it ...

I knew there was no way I would be disappointed, I was right :mrgreen:

I already cried at Coast, which has an awesome intro, and is really great and so sweet, and Devins voice is so beautiful ...
...then came disruptr, and its weird riff (when I say weird, I mean you feel weird, suffocating) the beginning of chaos, you know it'll be coming ...
... then, after Gato, came Terminal ... oh my god, I AM underwater, I'm flying underwater (not swimming, flying) I feel so calm, It's so sweet ...
Heaven Send is a groovy, powerful, cool song, with that sweeeeeeeeet (and a little bit sad) feminine voice (who is it ?) and weird sounds, a great great song, one of my favorite on the album (with 12 others)
Ain't Never Gonna Win is a groovy/ambiant short/cool song, sending us to winter ...
... which is sweet and cool, calm, song, really calming and soothing ...
Then came trainfire, which is as good as it could be, a rock'n roll song (with a little bit of weirdness in the back) crossing with a crazy Townsend song here and there, great mix, great song, ending with a ballad which reminded me of sigur-ròs somehow ...
Lady helen is, as winter, a cool and soothing song, fittest to be on radio imo, easy to listen for anyone...
Then came KI ... I was so waiting for it after I had listened to the trailer and watched the youtube video ...
Omg ... I came :mrgreen: the first part is making me want to sing, then, the second part came ... so did I again ... ... ... what is THAT ? I really cried, I've got chills again and again when I listen to that part, becoming more and more powerful ... with that riff in the back (I NEED to learn that one, even though it will take me years) ... just one thing : it lacks bass, I was too used to listen to the youtube video with a really powerful bass, and was imo better (well ... I am a bassist, doesn't help :mrgreen:) and then ... nothing ... you don't know where you are when the song ends ...
Quiet Riot brings you back to reality, a Dev, a guitar, a fire, nighttime by the shore ...
Finally getting to Demon League ... a minimalist song ... and then ...
Welcome Back to reality/Good Night !

Thank you so much Mr Townsend, this is really a great album, and I can't wait to have the whole 4 albums, but still, that's a great piece of music you have made here, a beautiful, soothing, aquatic album.

@Mojo : I will wait for dtp merch, because I looooove the infinity logo :p
#191827 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:50 am
MiKanou wrote:with that riff in the back (I NEED to learn that one, even though it will take me years)

Thank you so much Mr Townsend, this is really a great album, and I can't wait to have the whole 4 albums, but still, that's a great piece of music you have made here, a beautiful, soothing, aquatic album.

I learned the whole end to Ki as well as Demon League if you want the tabs 8)
#191831 by Bugi
Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:42 am
OceanMachine15 wrote:
MiKanou wrote:with that riff in the back (I NEED to learn that one, even though it will take me years)

I learned the whole end to Ki as well as Demon League if you want the tabs 8)

post it.
do it now.
#191832 by Tim
Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 am
Fnargl wrote:Is Dev doing all the vocals in Gato?

That's what I was wondering. I'm guessing no. The same guest vocalist just cropped up again in 'Heaven Send'. 8)

*looks out for cat people*
Last edited by Tim on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
#191835 by soundsofentropy
Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 am
OceanMachine15 wrote:all hang tight. im getting a lot of messages for it. tabbing now lol

Post it on this thread when you're done, for convenience.

Hell, even without having heard the album (but based on the teaser), I'm looking forward to playing it...

EDIT: Well, the reason I ask is because I've already read too much of this thread already, and I'd rather not make the wait for Ki any harder. So if you don't mind, please post it on that tabs thread, too!
#191840 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:29 am
(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|-----------5--7-------------5--7-------------5--7-------------5--7-------------5--5--3-------------5--5--3--
G|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|--5--5--5----------5--5--5----------8--8--8----------8--8--8----------7--7--7-------------7--7--7-----------

E|----------------------------------------------------
C|----------------------------------------------------
G|----------------------------------------------------
C|-----------5--5--3-----------5--5--3-----------5--5b
G|----------------------------------------------------
C|--3--3--3-----------3--3--3-----------5--5--5-------

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------
C|-----------10--7-------------10--7-------------9--9-----------9--9--
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------
C|--7--7--7-----------7--7--7-----------8--8--8--------8--8--8--------

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|-----------5--5--3-------------5--5--3-------------5--5--3-------------5--5--3--
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|--7--7--7-------------7--7--7-------------3--3--3-------------3--3--3-----------

E|----------------
C|----------------
G|----------------
C|-----------5--5b
G|----------------
C|--5--5--5-------

This is Demon League in its entirety. Lemme figure out the arpeggio for a lil bit. Had to put it in here. I would consider this a spoiler. Bump it to keep it alive if you can.
#191841 by BlueRaja
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:36 am
soundsofentropy wrote:
OceanMachine15 wrote:all hang tight. im getting a lot of messages for it. tabbing now lol

EDIT: Well, the reason I ask is because I've already read too much of this thread already, and I'd rather not make the wait for Ki any harder. So if you don't mind, please post it on that tabs thread, too!

No. All spoilers stay in this thread, even tabs from Ki.
#191843 by soundsofentropy
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:42 am
BlueRaja wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:

No. All spoilers stay in this thread, even tabs from Ki.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. My apologies.

I suppose I'll wait on the tabs, too, then. So until June, goodbye Ki-spoiler-thread!