Face your chaos, know who you are!
#191845 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:46 am
Just figured out Quiet Riot. Will tab that now. I suppose I'm trying to delay posting the arpeggios for Ki lol It's hard to distinguish those deeper notes right. Anyways, my Demon League tab is one page back (4) in case this gets stuck on the next page.
#191866 by ScottMcTony
Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:46 pm
I gauruntee I will buy this one. I torrent pretty much anything before I buy it as a sort of extended demo, and if there is anything I should later buy it's this.
#191870 by mushroom
Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:17 pm
Gato is the best!!
(surely this doesn't care to you) here (in my country) the album can't be bought , so week or not, i sadly got to download it :sad:
#191880 by islandsinthesky
Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:53 pm
di_fowler wrote:HDR should definitely do what Trent Reznor is doing with NIN releases. Devin Townsend is one of those fellas whose fans would pay for his stuff. You know, 5 dollars for a direct download, 15 for the album in its physical form AND the download or 100 for a signed copy with some dirty pictures. Or something.

I'm acquiring it the noo, but I'll be buying it.

No, HDR should do what Tool did and release a bunch of fake versions of Ki labeled as Ki.
#191889 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:04 pm
I can't recall her name but I think it might be the same one who did the female vocals for Gunslinger off of the Avenged Sevenfold album. Sounds a lot like her anyways.
#191895 by ScottMcTony
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:35 pm
I particularily want a tab of Heaven Send and the riff from Coast, but I shall content myself with learning Demon League for now, being too lazy to figure it out myself.

Edit: Demon League took exactly zero seconds learn how to play, I just played it perfectly in one try, now I'm bored again.
#191896 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:48 pm
ScottMcTony wrote:I particularily want a tab of Heaven Send and the riff from Coast, but I shall content myself with learning Demon League for now, being too lazy to figure it out myself.

Edit: Demon League took exactly zero seconds learn how to play, I just played it perfectly in one try, now I'm bored again.

Yeah, all the songs on the album are pretty easy to play. If I had to give a guesstimate, I've probably got about 20% of the album tabbed already. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's a very beautiful record.
#191899 by ScottMcTony
Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:12 pm
Not necessarily. I find that it's pretty much neutral. If getting it as close as you can to how it sounds in your head requires something with ridiculous technical skill, then it's great to have. It's also great to have from a composing standpoint if you compose in a sort of improvising around an idea then refining it and so on sort of way. So my stand on simplicity if you have the ability to go nuts is that, if it sounds closest to what's in your head in some easy way, then I respect someone who doesn't have to make everything unneededly difficult. Devin Townsend is a great example of this, able to play things like Wrong Side and the solo in Suicide, but willing to play things like Demon League if that really is the best way to go.
Although, seeing as I suck, the appreggio's in Ki or the riff in The Coast would be a bit challenging, which is nice.