The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#228564 by Pik_Nick'92
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 am
I ended up downloading the leaked album, and when It came out I bought it anyway. Either way its worth it, unlike the other devin albums I've heard, this one only took the first few listens til I was drawn to it. :D
#235954 by fizzicist
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 am
I waited until i got to Sydney a week after the release of the album, i missed out on the pre-order copies.. :( I originally obtained all of the DTB releases through various methods other than record stores.. Still need to make up for it, so will put in quite a large or order of discs to make up for this when i get the cash in a month or so..

Addicted has a strange feeling to it, very fun and jumpy but i think i've been concentrating on any little dark tones on the album. I need to let it loose in my mind a little more and relax when listening to it. It's still absolutely amazing and so refreshing to crank when driving or just at home doing whatever. It's hard for me to find music of this calibre, something that has a universal structure, but i can't get many of my friends to get into it and they claim they're open minded to all music!

My thought process when listening to Ki is far from how i listen to Addicted. Mainly due to the fact i was living on the other side of Australia when it came out last year. Everytime i listen to Ki i think of my time in WA.

On my drive across Australia i took this photo
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/ ... Ceduna.jpg

It's a true photo, unedited, just perfect lighting. I took it on my way to Western Australia, i'm originally from the eastern states. This photo and Ki are all from the same journey.

Addicted on the other hand will now remind me where i am right now. Back where i'm from originally to save money at a better job to take another move somewhere else. Somewhere for longer this time.
#237602 by FUBAR
Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:12 am
The Dev wrote:Ki was the drive to the show

Addicted is the opening credits.

Deconstruction is the performance

Ghost is the ending credits

I Dig it

You love your metaphors! :lol:
#237635 by the_s_rabbit
Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:01 pm
Just occurred to me that the acronym by record for DTP is:
KADG

Maybe Ghost should be changed to something else so that the acronym is some meaningful word like KADO or KADU.

Although, I have no idea if those mean anything. They probably do in some language!
#237972 by fizzicist
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Everyone take your seats, the performance is about to begin..!

A great way to look at it. Metaphors exaggerated my teenage angst and skewed views when i was 17-18. It basically carried me through all of my essays in English class at school. My teacher loved it. :D

It is quite some time away until Decon and Ghost, plenty of time to get comfy. I've dropped in an order of discs to hdr so that'll keep me busy in the meantime, just have to wait patiently by the mailbox..

Thanks again Dev for all the work, us Aussies are all still grinning after the tour!
#238336 by DavidB712
Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 am
Truely a massive inspiration, can't wait to see you at this years Bloodstock Open Air.
I've loved all your albums so far, that includes your time with Strapping Young Lad.

Can't wait for your live album to be released, at least from what I heard,
there is a live album being released shortly.

Also can't wait for Deconstructive.

Thanks for everything HevyDevy! :D
#239371 by sarai-chan
Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:42 pm

I love the way Dev describes life, world and everything in between with these metaphors! :D
This one gave me good kinda chills.

Feels like I am on a rollercoaster that has just taken off, and climbing up the first hill.
But on the middle of the climb, everything slows down and blurs..
Like now, when all I really have from Decon is the little things Dev has told us.
And of course I have the small butterflies in my tummy already, waiting anxiously for the Decon and summer show!
#241704 by FlyingPiranha
Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:09 pm
Wow...a lot of other band forums I go on discourage talking about leaks. I'm glad to see that one artist doesn't mind...I mean after all, it isn't like not talking about it will cause the leak to un-leak. Devin is a cool son of a bitch!
#243420 by pinealgland
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 am
Devin screamed at the end of the Tuska saturday show: Download all my albums, i don't give a fuck!!! And a pretty smile on top of that :D wit was a blast
#243465 by GuyOne
Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 pm
pinealgland wrote:Devin screamed at the end of the Tuska saturday show: Download all my albums, i don't give a fuck!!! And a pretty smile on top of that :D wit was a blast

Yes because someone was flagging a big ass flag that read "WE DOWNLOADED YOUR ALBUM!" Little did those fools know that Devy doesn't give a fuck! :lol:
#243666 by eteled
Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:17 am
gs48 wrote:Somehow I think this is the truth. Link
headshop wrote:The really funny part about Dev, is he leaks his own shit. Remember back when "Alien" was "leaked"....think back to "Love" and all of the changes that were made.....only one person could ever have that version.....the man himself. His true fans will buy it on day one.....as far as the teaser is concerned, I wont stop listening to it....it is here to get those salivary glands ready! Thank you Devin, as always.....

It's good because you can't hear Devin's songs on radio or on tv so this is good and maybe the only way to spread the word. Youtube was the place where I heard first time and listened since. I'd like to buy both DTP records but have to wait for the whole 4 album box set or whatever it will be.

Can anyone describe the differences in Love described in this post? The only leak that I ever snagged and noticed a difference in was Ziltoid with "Phooey... indeed, phooey" and "Phooey... and double-phooey".