my rating system
10 = Perfect (-ish)
9 = outstanding
8 = great
7 = good
6 = quite good
5 = average
5 > bad

My ratings would equal in an average of 8.3 = 4.15 / 5 which is why I gave it 4 star rating in sputnikmusic. Ki got 4.5 by the way.
#227007 by Roddy
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:12 am
Wander wrote:Actually I could do one like that too:

Addicted! 7/10
Universe In a Ball! 8/10
Bend it Like Bender 7/10
Supercrush! 9/10
Hyperdrive! 8/10
Resolve! 8/10
Ih-ah! 7/10
The Way Home! 9/10
Numbered! 10/10
Awake! 10/10

my rating system
10 = Perfect (-ish)
9 = outstanding
8 = great
7 = good
6 = quite good
5 = average
5 > bad

My ratings would equal in an average of 8.3 = 4.15 / 5 which is why I gave it 4 star rating in sputnikmusic. Ki got 4.5 by the way.

Only just 'good' for the title track??? Please clean your ears out, listen again, and report back.
Here's a good review in just about the last place I'd expect to see one. The 'MX' is a free throwaway tabloid that is given out on the streets of Melbourne for the general plebs on their way home from their boring city office jobs, 98% of whom wouldn't know who Devin was if he bit them on the arse.
Hope this works:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.p ... 9f5730.jpg
#227010 by mineralinsulated
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 am
No way dude! MX? Who woulda thunk it?? Wish i hada seen that one discarded on the tram floor. Nice review, good find.
#227017 by Roddy
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:31 am
mineralinsulated wrote:No way dude! MX? Who woulda thunk it?? Wish i hada seen that one discarded on the tram floor. Nice review, good find.

Yep, there it is, believe it or not!

How do you think the Sainters will go next year? Go one better? I think my beloved Hawks will be joining you again in the higher echelons of the ladder in '10, just quietly...
#227020 by mineralinsulated
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:40 am
Shit dude, i have no idea, its so hard to predict. Mabe, i fucking pray! But im nervous about you blokes, the doggies, Pies and Crows...And the blues, they stress me out too.....nah, we're rooted!

Go Saints
#227055 by catharsis
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 am
Doctor Lore wrote:
Does anyone else get reminded of the opening to Hello Pete by Type O when they listen to the opening of Bend it like Bender!?

hmm, not really. just cuz he says "hey"?

sorry for getting into the conversation a bit late but I just gotta say that i can understand why some people don't like Watershed (I was disappointed at first) but I think it is pretty good now. not their best, but what's wrong with a little change? Hessian Peel is especially great. I don't get the dream theater comparison though. And the new drummer is actually really good, I can't believe anyone would say he sucks. Ok Martin Lopez was sick and much faster but at least the new album doesn't have that drum part that showed up at least twice on every album since (and including) Still Life. I gotta go listen to a song to call out a time but hopefully you know what i'm talking about. That really annoyed me about Opeth.

And FYI 2008 had a few great releases, Exotic Animal Petting Zoo namely. I'd recommend checking them out if you haven't done so already.

I know off topic again, but there seems to be a lot of bashing going back and forth. Uh, yea it's a forum so people are supposed to voice their opinions. Things will always piss people off and everyone's gonna disagree so try not to ever take it too seriously... it's the freaken internet for christ's sake.

anyways, back to the reviews...
#227105 by Roddy
Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:38 pm
mineralinsulated wrote:Shit dude, i have no idea, its so hard to predict. Mabe, i fucking pray! But im nervous about you blokes, the doggies, Pies and Crows...And the blues, they stress me out too.....nah, we're rooted!

Go Saints

DON'T be stressed by the Blues....
#227151 by Matt Nevens
Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 am
Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but the reviews in the UK press are starting to come in and they're pretty damn good, 8/10 in metal hammer, 4/5 in kerrang (a horrible emo loving publication that has been very harsh on Devin's solo work in the past, but is read by many young rock fans so should be positive for sales...!) and a very spot on 10 out of 10 in Powerplay! Also Dev shares the top spot in Powerplay this month with Katatonia, Nile and Converge - a festive family pop treat for all!!!

Couldnt read Terrorizer cause it was in a plastic wrapper haha!

Oh and it got a unusually good review from the Dutch Prog rock pages which you can see here!!
http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200955.php#devin
#228877 by michaelrattlehead666
Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 am
Devin, you never cease to amaze me. I saw Addicted in HMV at the weekend, and although i was strapped for cash i still had to buy it!! and I've listened to nothing but "Addicted" since i stuck it in the Hi-fi. it's definetly up there as one of the best albums of 2009 in my opinion along with Ki, Tenet and Megadeth. You are a brilliant song writer and i'm looking forward to the other 2 albums!! :D
#232650 by C Is For Cupcake
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 am
Personally, I think the structure is the weakest element of Addicted. I have a problem with the two the least melodic pieces opening the album - I absolutely love the record though. I've got a full review somewhere (can't find it!) which basically had a tagline like 'which proves Townsend's versatility in the field of his genre. Layered to fuck and musically comprehensive 'Addicted' is a shining light over metal's increasing mediocrity.'
#232693 by ztoultimatecoffee
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:57 pm
my personal review of the album is that it's a great attempt to combine classic dev heaviness with a slight mainstream pop approach in some sections of the album. i mean how often do you hear a four on the floor beat in devs music? let alone hearing a four on the floor beat that doesn't put me to sleep in general. this album has some seriously heavy moments and some sections that sound absolutely huge. he's an amazing engineer. the sounds he gets on his albums blow my fucking mind. it sounds so layered but is NEVER overbearing and live it sounds even bigger. is there anything this guy can't do? i mean he laid an f flat into the mic in detroit for his sound check. (f flat = he farted into the mic before the show) stoked for a headlining tour.
#233377 by filitalian
Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:25 pm
In a nutshell, it's very uplifting, has an immense, sound is like heavy metal gospel. I'll buy if I can find it at FYE.
#303314 by vampirajade
Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 pm
Ok this may seem armature and all that.
But I can honestly say addicted is one of the best albums i have ever heard in my life!!!!
I dont wanna save my soullll nowwwwwwwww

THANK YOU DEVIN THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU