The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#287709 by mrbean667
Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:04 pm
ppinkham wrote:
catharsis wrote:I think you people are taking this a bit too far. seriously, a drum fill reference? i don't agree with like 75% of this stuff; am i the only one?

So, people aren't allowed to voice ideas and opinions on these things if you disagree with it?

+1

It's all cool broski, no one is asking you to contribute if you don't want to.
#287792 by catharsis
Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:59 am
voice your opinion all you want; i'm simply voicing mine. as terminX seems to agree, there are PLENTY of self-references but many of you seem to be stretching waaaaay too far trying to connect EVERYTHING. "every song with the word THE in it must be connected somehow!!!"
#287859 by mrbean667
Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm
Sure, sure. Common sense will prevail in that regard, I think.
#298529 by Hiddos
Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:53 am
I wasn't sure where to put this, but...

My face when I was listening to Recipe for Bait and the news guys says he's for CFUX Radio, when on the NAMM 2011 show (On Contain Us), Devin introduces the band and says "Tonight it's a wacky morning show on CFUX Radio, ladies and gentlemen". (I don't know the exact quote, but I'm sure it's the same radio name!)

#324822 by Allyouareisallyouare
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:22 am
Hey, since Epicloud, Casualties and Z2 have come out since this forums origin, does anyone want to point out continuity in those albums? Or update the chart?
#324850 by static2
Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:12 pm
I don't even know if there are references besides "Lucky Animal" using an SYL riff, the opening/closing Epicloud choir, Kingdom, and "Rain City" recalling "Bastard." I don't even hear references back to the first ZTO in Z2 musically, but maybe that's my lack of interest speaking.
#324856 by Allyouareisallyouare
Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:50 pm
There's a sample from The New Black on Ziltoid Goes Home. And from The Planet Smasher.
I know there's a few lyrical references in there.

Doesn't Z2 (the track) recall By Your Command (the ending) or Grace?
There's a reference to EARTH in Z2 as well (Or earth references Z2?

3 tracks (I'd need to listen again to say which) from Sky Blue sample Prabhugee by Ravi Shankar (just like on almost all albums at some point since The Hummer)

There's a few things off the top of my head!