Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#322973 by Naffis-kun
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:42 pm
My friend who has both, the actual album and a leaked version, told me the songs on both versions differ from each other a lot.
He demonstrated this by playing me two different versions of Fallout - the leaked one has only Devin singing and the official release features Anneke doing most of the verses.
What is this?
I mean, I guess it's normal for artists to have multiple ideas and versions of a piece but damn.. the leaked Fallout sounded better. :shock:
#322986 by Chris87
Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:01 am
Devin stated on Twitter that he became sick of his voice, which resulted in the new version of Fallout. I only heard his vocal recording for that song, so I can't say it for myself, but I heard a lot of people saying that the new version just fits better into the album, even if they like the older version better on its own.
#322995 by Naffis-kun
Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:07 pm
Devin stated on Twitter that he became sick of his voice

Wow.. don't really know what to say to that one! I kinda had a hunch that the over-using of guest singers was the result of something like this.
But I understand. I used to have a fancy car that had been my dream car for ages.. but after driving it for 2 years it just didn't feel like anything special anymore. Everyone else kept telling me what a great car I have and I was like "meh..".
#323019 by MikzorTheFirst
Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:26 pm
Personally I feel Anneke meshes better with Fallout. Generally I wholeheartedly prefer the final mix, except for the new intro for Silent Militia which is a teensy bit awkward.
#323029 by NamasteLikeBender
Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:56 pm
MikzorTheFirst wrote:Personally I feel Anneke meshes better with Fallout. Generally I wholeheartedly prefer the final mix, except for the new intro for Silent Militia which is a teensy bit awkward.

I haven't heard the old mix of Silent Militia. What's the difference?
#323085 by DTman2112
Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 pm
Funny, I was just listening to Silent Militia and thinking that the intro was my favorite part of the album. But, I haven't heard the leaked mix yet.
#323185 by ppinkham
Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:33 pm
Naffis-kun wrote:My friend who has both, the actual album and a leaked version, told me the songs on both versions differ from each other a lot.
He demonstrated this by playing me two different versions of Fallout - the leaked one has only Devin singing and the official release features Anneke doing most of the verses.
What is this?
I mean, I guess it's normal for artists to have multiple ideas and versions of a piece but damn.. the leaked Fallout sounded better. :shock:

Why not both?

[youtube]mh5jOqKgSBI[/youtube]
#323235 by KeasbyNights
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:08 am

It's happened! Paul's total post count is my birth month now. :D I don't know why I've cared enough to keep a tally lately, but either way, here I am smiling like an imbecile. :)
#323262 by ppinkham
Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:01 pm
KeasbyNights wrote:Image

It's happened! Paul's total post count is my birth month now. :D I don't know why I've cared enough to keep a tally lately, but either way, here I am smiling like an imbecile. :)

That's scary. Not only because I posted so much, but also because you were born a year after I graduated high school. :shock:
#323267 by KeasbyNights
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am
^I know I'm young, and I don't mean to make you feel old or anything by proxy if that happened. (I never intend that cause I know it's a bit rude.) It just made me chuckle seeing it. If it makes it any better, you keep going strong and you'll get the the year I graduated high school too. ;) 2008.
#323380 by Kleo
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:08 am
Eh Devy stuff has been making me feel old since round about 2010. Every show I hit, I contributed to SYL discussions. Kids expressed near awe at the depth of my knowledge. Then I made the error of pointing out the math of things. They were younger than my fandom by about two years. Oof.